Rhody monday [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody monday

mikez
10-15-2002, 07:43 AM
I had high hopes for this trip. The weather change woke me up at 1:00 AM Sunday night when the wind changed to NW. How could a wind change wake me up? Easy! The NW blows right in my bedroom window. Sunday's wind gusted hard enough to blow my bedroom door shut, Slam!!! Yep, I woke up!

Since I was already up, I decided to head out early and try some of that night fishing we were talking about. So I tried a certain rocky shore line which was full of fish, many good sized, including "True Keepers" [36"]. Action was consistent with fish in every pocket of white water. However, since this was conducted with OTFF gear, I'll skip the details. Suffice it to say, action that was hot shut off like a switch the second the sun peeked over the horizen. Ironic that I had the fish to myself in the dark, but the surf casters who arrived after first light complained about the "Dead" lack of action.;)

I figured I was off to a good start and was optimistic for the rest of the day, but, in short, it Sucked!:(
Saw tons of bait, mostly unmolested. Saw a few albies in small pods or singles but even the regulars didn't hook up. After that, 1 lb blues were the only action for the day. I'm getting sick of those little pukes!

JimW
10-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Mike,
Thanks for the report. Glad you found some keeps. Too bad the albies didn't have a better showing. I know what you mean about those pirahna.:rolleyes: