Cape Ann Report -- Anyone? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Cape Ann Report -- Anyone?

James Jon
10-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Anyone have a Cape Ann report?

juro
10-13-2002, 11:03 AM
A little birdie told me the fat lady hasn't sung - not even close! Find the peanut bunker and moving tides early and late and you will find fish.

Lefty
10-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Fished Magnolia to Marblehead this am. Shouda stayed in bed. Huge surf! Weed every cast. It's going to take a couple of days for the bait to regroup and the blitzes to startup again. Ammount of bait is a lot less than just 2 weeks ago...I wonder why ..splash...chomp.

Lefty

shadfreak
10-13-2002, 06:09 PM
I fished in the Annisquam this morning in a friend boat. We picked up a dozen or so schoolies all from the same hole. We saw some small fish feeding on peanuts up near the harbor but no takers there.
Larry

James Jon
10-15-2002, 08:24 PM
I hope the fat lady hasn't sung....

I tend to agree with you because the Mackerel haven't showed up yet.

Once they show up you can usually expect about two good solid weeks of fast and furious schoolie fishing.

These schoolies tend to be the "kiddies following the parade".

However, the 2nd or 3rd week of October is awfully late for the Mackerel to show up.

Let's hope they make their appearance soon.

This fish was caugt on White Beach two Sunday evenings ago. Probably the last of the keepers up here.

James Jon
10-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Fished the start of the outgoing until about 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

Fished Black & White beach as well as Singing beach. Nothing pulled on my line all day except weeds.

Anyone have any luck on Cape Ann over the weekend?

StriperTom
10-21-2002, 12:57 PM
Truck fished (really soccer mom mini-SUV) from Salisbury to Rye on Saturday morning.. other than an awesome sunrise, didn't see much.

-- Tom

jimo
10-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Having lived and fished CA for 17 years I learned the when everyone was agreed the the fat lady has sung GO FISHING. If you can get a fly down thru the mackeral the bass are down below.Or you can snag the macks with a weighted treble and let it drift down (did I really say that?)
Stick to the river mouths and up the rivers until Thanksgiving.Don't be surprised if you hook a stray gator blue either until halloween. The end is not near yet
Jim