Worm Fly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Worm Fly

saltydog
10-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Well heres one of my NEW flys for the 2003 NEW season,
please comment, maby make some changes for the better,
it's body is a material I found at a costume shop. it's used for HAIR extentions, looked good to me, outher than the RED,BROWN,
MARABOU, 3/0 hook, red molded eyes, epoxy head.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN":smokin:

striblue
10-13-2002, 07:46 AM
That's Original...The body looks like the real thing.... I wonder what winding hackle around the worm ,in the ridges, and cutting them short might make some great micro legs...Just a thought.

juro
10-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Isn't that a Wormus Rastafarianus? :hehe:

Pattern name: dread-knot?

It's a "lock" for a seaworm!

Very clever, stripers LOVE worms!

saltydog
10-14-2002, 07:10 PM
Striblue, I tried to wrap it but it wont look good. it is a braid, an it does strech out then you pull on it which gives it action in the water. maby a bigger eye an smaller marabou around the head.
Ill play with it some more. now that Im into TYIN MODE.
heres one you might enjoy it's only a BABY. I did it on a 7/0 hook
"GOOG LUCK GOOD TYIN"
HAY JOE, what do you think !!!!!

joe wojtan
10-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by saltydog
Striblue, I tried to wrap it but it wont look good. it is a braid, an it does strech out then you pull on it which gives it action in the water. maby a bigger eye an smaller marabou around the head.
Ill play with it some more. now that Im into TYIN MODE.
heres one you might enjoy it's only a BABY. I did it on a 7/0 hook
"GOOG LUCK GOOD TYIN"
HAY JOE, what do you think !!!!!

Don't let it anywhere near water, or it will be gone. Now thats talent, love it.
joe

striblue
10-14-2002, 10:54 PM
Salty, love original flies and trying to figure things out..Here is a thought..if it streaches out..try streaching it out to it's maximum...between two vises..... then wrap the hackle, or emu, or ostridge plums...the thin off shoots of the plumes..... By streaching,it will thin out the diameter and when you let go{slowly).. the material might settle perfectly between the ridges, and stay there.... then cut down the hackle so it is only like short fuzzy legs... you won't have to cut down the emu or plume offshoots....it might imitate the thousand legs of the sea worm. You will obviously need to experiment with the super glue and it still seems difficult because the streach will not be ridged for the tye down.

saltydog
10-15-2002, 04:49 PM
:) Striblue, GREAT I.D. Ill give it a shot this week end. the place that I bought it at is going out . think Ill see what I can do on supply. If I can get it CHEEP, Ill give anyone who want to try HIS or HER had at Tyin a SEA WORM. will infor later this week.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

tomd
10-16-2002, 07:49 PM
Salty, what is the material on the baitfush pattern? Tom D

saltydog
10-16-2002, 09:37 PM
TomD, if your talking about the BABY TUNA it's SPUN DEER HAIR
"good luck good tyin":smokin: