CT. heating up with action [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CT. heating up with action

Striper
10-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Well I have been doing some fishing lately in my back yard instead of trailering up east of here. The fishing has been pretty good around here finally. The last couple of days I have taken 4 Albies (Fairfield County) many bluefish up to around 12-13 lbs. and several bass. The bass were 36",37",and 2 fish slightly over 40". There has been alot of adult bunker in the area and every school has big blues and big bass underneath them. One of the bass I took on a popper, that fish was 41" and had 3 other bass following it that were considerably larger than she was. This has been alot of fun and saves me alot of money in as as most of the action has been within sight of the harbor. Hopefully the crappy weather the next few days won't send these fish packing.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

BigDave
10-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Awesome, Mike! :whoa:

Dave

steelheadmike
10-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Striper,

Shoot me an e-mail because the boat is back and ready for action. Could meet you in Niantic or Saybrook for some action. Also have some Alberts way south in the Norwalk area. Looking to get out during the week. Will be out on Sunday with NorthCoast Charters.

juro
10-11-2002, 12:31 PM
CT clave! :devil:

Adrian
10-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Yeah - Bring It On!:hehe:

Striper
10-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Would be nice to get you snooty Cape fisherman down here fishing the working man waters:hehe: Just kidding come on down but please wait till the blow is over and done with. Went out last night got 1-35" fish in the blowing rain. Went back out this morning and managed to get nada, the water was very murky from all of the wind and I am sure this is the reason the fish have moved out temporarily. There is alot of bait around and the water temps are in the mid-60's so we should see good fishing for awhile to come. Mike I got Albies off of Sunken Island last Tues. all day long and nobody else around, they had the bait pushed right up on the beach. I have not been up east for over a week now and I am starting to get the itch. Going to wait for the weather to calm down before I venture back up there.

Tightlines,
Mike M.

steelheadmike
10-14-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey Mike,

Was up that way last weekend and saw lots of fish around Cedar Point, Pennsfield and Sunken Island. Give me a hollar I am looking to get out myself. Boats all cleaned up and ready to roll.