Klickitat, anyone?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Klickitat, anyone??

NrthFrk16
10-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Was thinking about heading to the Klickitat to fish Tuesday and/or Wendsday next week....it looks like a long turn around that can not be easily accomplished and was curious if anyone wanted to tag along.

I have an extra pontoon boat and am just looking for someone to float the river with for a day or two.

Was planning on floating Leidl Bridge to the Slide.

...remember, adventures down the river with Sparkey are just that, adventures!! :hehe:

Let me know!

fredaevans
10-11-2002, 12:11 AM
on this planet. WONDERFUL river to fly fish.

If there was ANYWAY I could pull it off you'd have the second boat filled in a "New York Minute."

Details! Detail! On the result.
fae

roballen
10-11-2002, 12:51 AM
you all need to just be shutting up about MY!!!! river! In all honesty i have been hearing that the fishing is poor. I don't understand why though. I'll be floating it Saturday I think. If i do i'll give a report

juro
10-11-2002, 05:09 AM
Sparkey you know if I still lived out there I'd be taking the invitation, if not instigating them myself! I loved to "fish around" when I lived there, hitting as many rivers as I possibly could around the state.

Moonlight
10-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Ryan there is plenty of bank access its not essential to float.

Doublespey
10-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Ditto Fred's response - I wish I could take the days off.

Actually, I was thinking of floating another <unmentionable> southwest river with lots of steelies and silvers in it right now! :D

Good luck!

DS

GBSkunk
10-11-2002, 10:45 AM
My wife and I will be doing an overnight float on the Klickitat this weekend. If anyone sees a green Maravia raft with a bunch of long rods sticking out the back, say hello.
Dave

andre
10-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Sparkster,

Let me know when you are coming down I have (two) somethings to give you. If you can grab that other stick from Dennis and I'll give you mine.

let me know

GB/Rob what sections are you floating? I was thinking of heading up that way myself. I have to test my elbow and see if the pains are gone.

andre

GBSkunk
10-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Andre, not sure yet. Probably one of the upper drifts. My wife doesn't know yet that it was 27 degrees in Klickitat last night. I'm still figuring out how to make this trip work! Can you say PROPANE.

roballen
10-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Andre I am doing a simple float. Icehouse-Pitt

fredaevans
10-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Icehouse to Pitt (as for the 'pitts.') He may just be able to sucker her in if he can convice her that the 'chill in the air' will only last for an hour.

30.2 degrees here at 6am this morning. Suspect I'll be freezing my patoo from day break til about 9am tomorrow on the Rogue. But have a zeroed in bead on a nice run of "fall" run fish. Rogue gets this shot of not summers, not winters, but 'fall fish.' Liken them to the 'springers' that I used to chase on the Kalama and Toutle. Only time the colour purple is the go-to fly down here.

Appears our "summer" is final over and "Fall has fell" ... with a thud. 10 days ago we were still in the high 80's

andre
10-11-2002, 11:42 PM
well I was also thinking of icehouse to pitt but, the rowing frame & oars are behind a bunch of stuff at our construction project. I'll either hit the lower Deschutes or something in SW Wa. Hmmm, not a lot of time. Hope the elbow holds up.

andre

NrthFrk16
10-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Andre-
I'll let you know whats up...I have to do a private lesson at 10 am on Tuesday so I'll be fishing Wendsday only...makes for a nice relaxing drive down there though.

How far of a drive is the Klick from Portalnd??

...might give the Methow a shot instead as it opens tomorrow!