Birthday Fish [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Birthday Fish

Leland Miyawaki
10-10-2002, 01:00 PM
The fish gods gave me a birthday present this morning as Doublespey and I were fishing the Snoqualmie River a handsome buck caught on a #5 low water Freight Train while grease-lining my 6wt two-handed Scott.

Now I don't feel so old.

Leland.

juro
10-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you've been having a lot of special days lately ;)

Happy birthday Leland!

Moonlight
10-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Very nice indeed a real bonus to having a fall birthdate is under all but very unusual circumstances you will be able to fish for steelhead. Glad you had a good time.

Cheers

Moonlight

MJC
10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
Leland I would also like to wish you a Happy Birthday. It sounds like you celebrated in a grand manner.

pmflyfisher
10-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Happy Birthday and congratulations

I got skunked on my birthday 9/27, not a touch, such is steelhead fly fishing on an unexpected blue bird weather day.

:(

Oh well it was better than being in the corporate offices, at least I was alone and got a lot of spey casting experience.

NrthFrk16
10-10-2002, 10:24 PM
A happy birthday from myself as well, Leland!! :)

fredaevans
10-11-2002, 12:19 AM
you really don't look that old!:devil: But looks are ... well, you know what "they" say.

Best wishes from Joan, Saki, Princess, Sheba (fuzz-ball flaked out on the floor behind me says " WOOF!") and most of all from me.

:D

So Ryan, are you still using fake ID?
:smokin:

NrthFrk16
10-11-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by fredaevans

So Ryan, are you still using fake ID?
:smokin:

Actually, for the millionith time in the past few years, I lost my drivers license. So now I am walking around with one of those paper ID's that expire in 30 days that they give you when you renew your license.

Anyways...I went into a bar the other night and I didnt get carded which was a good thing because I did not have my drivers license.

But come on!!!! Card me already...just a few months ago a clerk told me I was too young to have a debit card...she said something along the lines of "You are old enough to have one of these??...you dont look any older then my 14 y.o son!!"

And in the mean time I have aged so much that I am not even getting carded??...how old do I look???? :mad: :mad: :mad:

All this stress due to defending flyshops has aged me considerably...hope you all are happy!!! :tsk_tsk: :mad:

Sorry about the rant!!

;)

juro
10-11-2002, 05:06 AM
Ryan, the delayed age recognition at your age translates into a lot of joy later on, when you are in the 40's let's say. I was also always carded even when legal and it used to irk me - when I was on the other side of 30 years and got carded a lot I was amused, now over 40 if I ever get even a hint of doubt I am over joyed ;)

pmflyfisher
10-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Ryan, thats right enjoy looking younger than you are I have been cast that curse all of my life. I am 55 but people think I am 10 years younger. Its really a blessing rather than a curse I guess.

Besides think about all of the younger women that will be attracted to you when you are in 40s. Don't think it makes any difference to the steelhead though, what a bummer. You think they would come easier to us older guys. :(

Hal

juro
10-11-2002, 08:25 AM
Hal -

Yes, steelhead do... do you mean this hasn't happened yet for you? :devil: :hehe:

pmflyfisher
10-11-2002, 01:51 PM
This year I have loved and lost with Steelhead 0 for 14 todate, but what memories.:chuckle:

Leland Miyawaki
10-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Ryan,

Come to think of it, I didn't catch any real numbers of steelhead until my AARP card arrived.

Leland.