CT shoreline help? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: CT shoreline help?

Tod D
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Will be in southern CT for the long weekend. Hoping to get in some SW fishing if possible. Other than driving up to Watch Hill or another RI attraction, I'm at a loss as to where to go. I'm aware shore access is tight, so I'd been thinking perhaps Hammonasset (sp?) St. Park Beach or the small jetty by Saybrook Light. While shorter drives (i.e., within 30 minutes to either), I don't know if they're worth it or if I'm better off hoofing it a little farther to catch the incoming at a RI shore spot.

I'll be just south of Middletown and am thinking of the drive to Watch Hill (1.5 hrs) so I'm game if anyone has recommendations as to where to go within a 1.5 hr drive.

I can repay any favors w/ some south shore MA info if anyone's interested.

Thanks in advance

Tod

Dble Haul
10-10-2002, 11:18 AM
Tod- Did you get my response to your e-mail? FWIW, Niantic is still very reliable for blues and hickories.

Tod D
10-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Mark - Thanks to work, I haven't checked my home/personal email in a few days. I'll check tonight. I'll respond w/ my number in CT just in case you're interested in joining us.

Thanks!

Tod

Dble Haul
10-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Tod- Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna be on the Cape this weekend chasing fish. Weather permitting, I'll be fishing the rip with some of the other Forum members.

Good luck with your fishing and let me know how it goes. :)