October is....... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: October is.......

Lefty
10-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Schoolie Appreciation Month.
The fat lady is being cleared through airport security to board a plane to New England. As usual I will predict that once again the Cape, South Shore, and Haba will go out before the good old No. Shore (sans PI).

LEfty

Nick
10-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Here Here...all Arise for the Arrival of the Great Fat One. But...I did manage 3 more twinkies last night in Beverly again. Tides a little late now, gonna have to change ballparks.

Nick

mikez
10-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Still a couple of weeks of albies in South County, RI. At least two more weeks after that for stripers. Bass are filling in the white water pockets along the rocky shores of RI as they leave points north and east. Now's the time for those legendary blitzes that will in live memory all through the fly tying season. Good time to land a fatty too!

Smcdermott
10-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Mike,
You coming down this way on Saturday? I was thinking of hunting for a few funny fish and maybe picking up a striped one or two!!! Haven't fished since the clave and I am getting antsy.

Sean

mikez
10-10-2002, 07:52 AM
Sean,
Unfortunately, family obligations have eliminated this coming weekend from my fishing agenda. I keep trying to explain to my wife not to schedule me for any weekend in October but she just doesn't get it!:tsk_tsk:
I heartily recommend you get out this weekend though. Looks like cloudy and rainy conditions may prevail. Just right for a nice daytime striper blitz! Or maybe a pre-dawn assault at Quonnie for bass prospecting followed by a stop at the WW or Weekapoug for speedsters. Oh, to be young and free again! The possibilities could be endless! You better get out now while you still can! Enjoy the freedom you've got now, it won't last much longer!;)