Low Outgoing in Beverly gives... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Low Outgoing in Beverly gives...

Nick
10-08-2002, 07:22 AM
...stripers blitzing???

Yup, never had much luck on the bottom of the outgoing on the North Shore...but last night picked up 6 fish in about 45 mins after work. Blitzing fish albeit on the small side we ravaging Peanut's until sunset when it seemed to just turn off. The micros were amazing. I had a 12" fish hit a 4" fly. I could barely get my thumb in its mouth, but it had the entire fly in there. Nice to see all the little fish gorging themselves before there migration. These things looked like footballs their stomachs were so big. Didn't wait around for the change, although I had a feeling that the bigger fish were waiting to push the bait over the bar. I'll be back at it again tonight!

Nick

BigDave
10-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Nice one Nick!

I'm going to have to get up there and check out the Beverly shoreline sometime. Can't be too far for an after work sortie from Waltham...:)

Dave

Nick
10-08-2002, 08:21 AM
If you're gonna go, let me know if you want some company. I'll see if I can meet up with you.

Nick

BigDave
10-08-2002, 08:51 AM
That would be cool if we could hook up. Especially considering the fact that I am totally unfamiliar with that area :)

I'm wondering if I left Malden around 4:30 how long it would take to get to the water. Shoud be able to get an hour or so of fishing in, I would imagine.

I'm definitely in for an after work session...maybe even Thursday?

Dave

Nick
10-08-2002, 09:25 AM
From malden, without traffic about a half an hour. (used to live on Salem St). With traffic, maybe up to an hour, but not too bad.

Thursday seems good now, but I'll let you know as the week goes by.

Nick

doogue
10-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Nick, Nick, Nick...

Now why did you have to go and make me want to drive to Beverly again. Not fair.

Listen - if you are headed there on Thursday then let me know. If I leave work at 3:30 then Beverly is only an hour from Manchester, NH (where I live) and I might join you. If I leave at 4:30 then 128 traffic gets a bit ugly and the commute gets stretched out.

I am due for an early exit from work...

-Mike

Nick
10-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Mike/Dave,
I'm planning on heading out tommorrow morning before work and then again afterwards as well for an hour or two. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Nick

BigDave
10-10-2002, 08:41 AM
Nick,

My email is wacky right now so messages are coming through late or not at all. Do you mean Friday after work or Today (thurs)?

Thx,

Dave

Nick
10-10-2002, 08:53 AM
Dave,
I got 4 or 5 small ones this morning in Manchester. I'll be heading out again after work today (Thursday).

Nick

Lefty
10-10-2002, 09:16 AM
Me too, fat and strong. Gorgeous morning.

BigDave
10-10-2002, 09:40 AM
I am jealous...and wishing my gear was in my truck!

Hope we can meet up some other time.

Dave

Nick
10-10-2002, 10:21 AM
Gear not in the Truck? What kind of an excuse is that one. I've got an extra rod if you want....

Nick

doogue
10-10-2002, 10:23 AM
I am not going to make it this evening. I have plasterers that have taken over my house (doing some ceilings and old plaster wall work) and they will not be leaving as early in the afternoon as anticipated.

I need to make sure that they do not rob me blind!

Good luck...

BigDave
10-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Nick,

I know, I know. Not keeping the truck full of flyfishing tackle AT ALL TIMES is a rookie mistake :hehe:

Although I kind of like the idea of fighting a striper with my dress shoes on :rolleyes:

Wish I could make it tonight but I don't think it's going to work. I could do tomorrow though and get out of here at 4:30. If not, maybe next week?

Nick
10-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Dave,
Tommorow night is no good...but if I get some time next week I'll let you know. Something tells me that its getting time to dump the pile of sand accumulating in the back of my truck out and get it cleaned up and ready for the K2's.

Mike,
Sorry you can't make it down. Maybe next week as well.

Nick