Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham, Sunday am

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jfbasser 
#1 ·
Looked at the light but with the wind honking out of the NNE I decided to explore Morris Island. Been meaning to check it out for quite awhile but just never got to it. Walked to the Stage Harbor inlet and the only action was schoolies in current flowing over a cool bar. Very active but hard to get a hookset. Hits on every cast but managed to hook just 2 and land one. Only had about an hour to fish between the walk out and back. Nice spot, just wish I could get out for a full tide or two. The Rip Trip or weather dictated alternative is looking real good to me next weekend.

#2 ·
...like ships passing in the night...

Adrian and I arrived at that leighward section just as the tide started to drop and fished for a few hours.
Only managed a few blues, althought we did have several very fleeting positive FA sightings...barely enough time to get a fly in the water but no takes as the flashy greenbackedTtails zoomed past chasing peanutz.
That little beach was the ONLY place we could find to get outa' that honkin' wind! Evertime I began to think it was letting up, I'd spy the startched-out-straight flag above the olde lighthouse on the other side of Stage inlet and get a reality check.
Good day on the water...bad day for catchin'...

ps
From way on the inside at times we could see the tops of whitewater/waves crashing the outside beaches...BIG tide and HUGH waves! :eyecrazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.