NESFR - Meeting October 8 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: NESFR - Meeting October 8

StriperTom
10-07-2002, 12:24 PM
FYI.. the NESFR meetings are starting up again, please note the change in venue:

The New England Saltwater Fly Rodders will be holding their first meeting of the season on October 8th, starting at 6:30pm.

The meeting will start with a fly tying session, followed by the main presentation by Capt. Bob Hines on Fly Fishing the Rhode Island fall migration for striped bass, blues, bonito and false albacore.

All are welcome to attend, there is a $10 fee for non-members which can be put towards a club membership.

The meeting will be held at Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA, exit 52 off of rt. 495.

-- Tom

juro
10-07-2002, 02:30 PM
6:30 is a little early for me after work hours but I hope to pop in and say hi to Capt. Bob a bit later on. First class guy, should be a great presentation.

StriperTom
10-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Juro,

The main presentation starts at 8pm. The first hour and half is a member-led fly tying demo/instruction.

Here are directions--

Take 495 to Exit 52
Turn onto Route 110 heading toward Haverhill
Turn Left after passing Greenleaf Gardens (.1 miles)
Proceed .3 miles to the NECC entrance, turn left.
At the top of the T, turn Left.
Pass by student center, take first Right.
Park in Lot 3.
Enter building "A" at the left end of the building.
Follow signs to the conference room.

-- Tom

DFix
10-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Why at the college and not out at the firehouse?

striblue
10-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Because ...Dave..... there are Co-ed's at the College and none at the firehouse...that's why...geeeezzzz.

StriperTom
10-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Based on an analysis of where most of the currently active members lived, NECC theoretically offers a more central meeting place.

The goal was to find a suitable location that put more members within a half hour drive radius - it wasn't an arbitrary decision. We are going to try things here for the next two club meetings and decide what to do then.

As a resident of Newburyport, feedback is welcome :)

-- Tom

Sprocket
10-07-2002, 08:23 PM
"Why at the college and not out at the firehouse?"

While the scenerey at the college is slightly better than Newbury's finest retired fleet of trucks, the real reason is what Tom said...

Dave - you missed a GREAT presentation at UFT.

John - betcha five I won't see Dave at this one either...

DFix
10-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Sprocket
"Why at the college and not out at the firehouse?"

While the scenerey at the college is slightly better than Newbury's finest retired fleet of trucks, the real reason is what Tom said...

Dave - you missed a GREAT presentation at UFT.

John - betcha five I won't see Dave at this one either...
Tom, the logistic decision makes some sense for the general membership. I hope it works out well.

Okay, Grasshopper, I've chomped on this one long enough - if you want to bust chops, that's okay, and I can certainly endure your meager attempt to aggravate me, but I just thought I'd let you know I'm paying attention. And, as for presuming you won't see me, Morin knows whether to take your bet or not.