Weekapaug Sunday AM [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weekapaug Sunday AM

Slinger
10-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Mike you called it right when you said" Weekapaug, dawn, end spots."Your buddy and a few friends had the end staked out and picked fish after fish, I think he got 10. A few finally ran the wall and I picked one, they made it up to the bridge where Jim W got one and a couple of others were taken. The albies were there big time they were just hesitant to come all the way in. Still loaded with bait.
Slinger

mikez
10-07-2002, 11:29 AM
I figured the regulars would have that spot sewn up tight. You gotta get up pretty early to beat them when a good dawn tide is expected.
Glad to hear you guys still hooked some inside. I find the albies that run into the breachway on a sunny day are the hardest of all to hook. Probably because it's so easy for them to see you standing there casting to them.
Hopefully I'll get a few more shots this season. I haven't scratched that ich yet!

JimW
10-07-2002, 12:07 PM
Glad I followed your advice Mike. I got my very first albie less than 100' from the bridge at Weekapaug Sunday morning. I'll post the full story when I have more time.

juro
10-08-2002, 07:55 AM
CONGRATS JIM!

I guess we can't call you a tunoid virgin anymore! It seems like you had a season of 'firsts' this year.