Fly Fishing Forum banner

Avalon New Jersey? Are there fish there?

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
I am going to be in Avalon NJ this weekend and the following one visiting my girlfriend's family. They live on the water, on the bay side, so I can get to water fairly easily. I just don't seem to know where to target the fish there and I was curious if anyone has any suggestions. I do have some boat access, so I will probably explore the bay water. Just curious if anyone has been to the area and had any luck.
Thanks
Nick

G
#2 ·
Hi Nick
Fished at Stone Harbor bridge which is on the inside one town below Avalon last October in a tournament. we fished early a.m. b-4 the sun rose. lots of bass 20-24" some bigger. the spot is really known for weakfish. they were pulling them out of there by the bucket full. you will also get snapper blues. if you have a 4x4 and they have not put in the beach restrictions yet, you might want to get a permit for the beach. the problem with the Jersey shore is that each town to my knowledge requires a permit from there town. If you need more info e-mail me
bardy

#3 ·
Bardy,
Thanks a ton. I know where the Stone Harbour bridge is and will give it a whirl. I do have a 4x4, but I am pretty sure the restrictions are already set, so I don't think that will be an option. I did pick up some small blues last time I was there in the bay, but it seemed rather by chance seeing some birds working.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.