Fish On [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fish On

pmflyfisher
09-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Now we are talking new age fishing show. Can't wait for the fly fishing episodes. Some how I think these types of ladies are in low supply.

Its on ESPN2 right now.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/s/g_tv_desc_fish_on.html

:smokin:

P.S. Need to get my mind off of those spey line complexities for a while.

fredaevans
09-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Will have to pull the satilight book and local cable listings to see if I can get a gander. Desert?
:devil:

speybum
09-30-2002, 11:22 PM
That is some T.V. show.
I wonder if we could get them to come to the Sandy River Clave???
Any Ideas Fred????:devil:

striblue
10-01-2002, 12:13 AM
My favorite fishing show..... Did you see the way Deirdra handled that Blue Marlin?.. She explained the Penn International reel pretty well too. I wonder what they will go after next week:eyecrazy: ...Ah...By the way... who was playing on Monday night football tonight and who won?????

fredaevans
10-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Local listings have some travel adventure show on from 6-6:30 and 'the Ladies,' on from 6:30-7pm. Not so:mad:

But we stray from SpeyBums good question: Wonder how a massive write in campaign to ESPN would work? Probably well but suspect the end of May might just be a tad cool to be running around in a micro-swim suit. But thinking about those "goose bumps" gives me the goose bumps.:devil:

If this show is stilll on in 2004 we've got to get Mark to set the Clave date for some time in July.

Snigger, snigger....

fae

watersprite
10-01-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by fredaevans
Snigger, snigger....

fae

Come on, let's get serious now.

Snigger, Snigger.:devil:

ws

pmflyfisher
10-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Well looks like I will be missing the first half hour of Monday night football this year. Can't wait to see them fly casting in those fishing outfits.

Next week will be tough though it is the Packers and the Bears, thats a war out here. My son will be at the game in Champaign (Univ of Illinois) having a great time I suppose calling Packer fans names, etc... .:hehe:

fredaevans
10-01-2002, 12:47 PM
That's why they invented the VCR. Wonder how the 'ladies' would look working with 16-18 foot spey rods? My immagination is running amuck.
:eyecrazy:

Roop
10-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Good looking women, great fishing locations, a lot of non-necessary garbage thrown in. I've followed posts over on Florida Sportsman where the whole program get's bad mouthed. Don't know why, to me it's better than the other garbage that's on.

I am a little upset that someone beat me to the punch with this idea. How many of us have sat around a campfire and dsicussed the merits of such a fishing show or similarly dressed guide service?

If they make it to next year I bet the content quality greatly improves.

Roop

John Desjardins
10-01-2002, 01:51 PM
I thought the only thing I was deprived of by not having ESPN was the desire to introduce Jimmy Houston (aka kiss this bass before I throw it back into the water) to bluefish. :hehe: Now, I know that I'm missing the opportunity to doubly annoy my wife. :devil:

pmflyfisher
10-01-2002, 08:06 PM
Well it looks like all of the shows are salt water and I'm a great lakes fresh water land locked guy. Don't think I will advance my techniques much watching this but perhaps I will channel surf over to it occassionally during the Monday night game. ;)

Maybe this is what Hollywood thinks a "reality fishing" trip is like ? I for one have not been on one like this.

Have to email them recommending more fresh water trout, salmon, and steelhead fly fishing coverage, but I guess they would have to change the wardrobes from the current warm weather venues they are filming in.

That could ruin this show. :chuckle:

fredaevans
10-02-2002, 12:43 AM
the "lust" in Hal's loins. But

Originally posted by Roop

If they make it to next year I bet the content quality greatly improves.

Roop

does "improving" the content mean 'dropping the tops????'

Hay! Someone has to ask ... Before Juro pushes the button and makes this thread go away for good.
:smokin:

Maybe a good suggestion JMeister?
fae

Roop, had to come back in and tell you I'm still laughing over your 'patoto head' avitar. TOO COOL!! Great add on to your sig.
:>)

Smcdermott
10-02-2002, 12:55 PM
I think we should offer an on location Monomy wade trip. I am sure we could get a few volunteers! Anyone...Anyone?

pmflyfisher
10-03-2002, 04:09 PM
My lucky day ? came early from work for my sons high school freshman football game put on ESPN looking for a baseball playoff game, and what do I find but the rerun of this weeks Fish On.

Have time to catch it plus make my sons game.

Life is good, plus it is going to rain and the weather has really cooled down to get the fish moving into the rivers.

:hehe:

FlyFishAR
10-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Hal:

I told my producer to get with the program or he was fired!!! :devil:

If we change to that format I'll need a good lawyer.:tsk_tsk:

John