Rhody Part II [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody Part II

JimW
09-30-2002, 10:08 AM
Who's in for the weekend coming.

I've reset the signup sheet, so if your interested please sign up again.

RayStachelek
09-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Next Saturday Grego has his second annual Tuniod - Scup Clave going on. All this takes place around the South County shore too aboard the Cast a Fly.

It's easy to find him, just look for the most animated fly caster out there. He's the one yellling, "reel... reel.... reel."
Ablies find him like lint to velcro.

Perhaps our wakes will cross. Would be glad to help out any boatsmen that needs information about the area. Can set up a nautical command post to monitor the front and tactical support movement.

GregD
10-01-2002, 02:48 PM
I expect to be down friday with the two boys. Looking forward to it, hope the weather is good for us.

Greg.

juro
10-01-2002, 05:25 PM
I am going to try my arse off to make this one. I will approach the subject with my better half when the time is right :p

Quentin
10-01-2002, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure if I can make it. I may try to make a scouting trip tomorrow or Thursday, and a day trip on Sunday might be possible depending on what Lili does.

Q

jared
10-01-2002, 09:51 PM
I look forward to your collective reports....heading over
to the sandbar this weekend, but expect/hope to be
hitting Rhody starting the weekend of the 12th and
every weekend thereafter until the weather gets too
cold, or the fishing too slow.

With any luck (read warm water/stable weather patterns)
I'd like to hit a tunoid in November this year!

--j

mikez
10-02-2002, 10:01 AM
I'm gonna be there fishing saturday either way but would love to hook up with the group if there is one.

Jim, if you're getting a tent site at Burlingame, I suggest you ask for Area One. That's the one we had last weekend and it is huge. Plenty of room to fully take advantage of the generous three car per site limit. Three tents plus all the camping and cooking gear will fit easily. Putting three tents means the three guys or family units can split the cost three ways making it about $10.00 a piece. I may consider staying sat night if there is a good group and/or the fishing looks good. Would definately be looking to share a site to cut cost.

grego
10-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Yes,

I will be down there.

Unfortunately, I will have to skoot right after the Cpt. Ray trip. Wy wife is going to a family reunion in NH, so I am in charge of not only our Dog, but also the in-laws. I made arrangements for Saturaday AM, but I'll have to get back in the afternoon.

GregD
10-02-2002, 09:52 PM
MikeZ - Looks like JimW is paired up with a friend already. Your welcome to join me and the boys at my site. Matt and Brandon might have some fun together as well.

For the saturday dinner I wasn't planning on anything too fancy.

Grilled marinated chicken sandwiches or perhaps a sauted roast beef sandwich with onion, mushrooms and herbs in a red wine sauce. Some veggies and dip or something. It won't be quite the same with out the Estey's peach cobbler, But will get by.

Greg.

mikez
10-03-2002, 08:08 AM
Not sure if we'll swing the overnight thing, but gonna try real hard. Don't want to miss the get together in the evening [one of my favorite parts of the claves] and would be too tough to drive home after dinner.
Also not sure if my boys will be joining me or not. Mom's attending a booth at the Topsfield Fair that day and the boys are conflicted about which would be more fun. Working in my favor is the fact that 12 year old Joel is jealous that little brother Matt got an albie. If Joel decideds to go with me, Matt will probably come just to be sure Joel doesn't get to do something he doesn't. Sheesh! This is getting complicated! I've come a long way since I used to keep a mattress and a couple of rods in the back of my old Impala wagon and just fish and crash wherever, whenever I felt like it!

Either way, looking forward to meeting you and the boys. Any plan yet on where you will be fishing saturday?

juro
10-03-2002, 08:15 AM
Looks good for a Sat day trip for me. I have many conflicts and things that should get done that I've committed to many but with ol' man winter knockin' I am going to have to do it.

GregD
10-03-2002, 08:56 AM
MikeZ - Well no firm plans on where to fish saturday. With significant winds in the forcast we may move up into Narragansett, back side of Napatree or try the salt pond/breachways. 20 - 30 knots will make it tough especially for the boys unless I find some sheltered fishing for them.

Greg.

juro
10-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Good point. Winds, seas subsiding on Sunday - but I can't make it (figures).

GregD
10-03-2002, 10:07 AM
It's amazing how it's looks alot like last weekends forcast. Darn hurricane season anyway, effect weather for many miles. I have some good spots in mind, But I won't be posting them. Have to come see us down at the clave.:razz:

Greg.

JimW
10-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Mike, as Greg said I'm full if My Bro-in-Law comits to the trip. He's arriving on Saturday. I have room for one in the camper on Friday night. I recall you saying you didn't carry a cellphone, how do you suggest we hook up Sat. I'll PM you my cell if it helps.

I'm bringing a big tarp, just to ward off the rain spirits.
Speaking of spirits.....;)
Got the cleaning supplies covered. A couple Gallons of water. 4 thick bluefin tuna steaks with ginger sesamee grill sauce. A small gas grill. Stove on the camper.

Rich or Chuck - one of those high powered Coleman stoves would be a good backup. Not sure how much propane is in the tank.

GregD, the stir fry sounds outstanding. I'll pick up some rice or something too. The heat the hut beans ingredients purchased in quatities for a much greater scale so I'll probably skip those.

GregO, Al's got my cell if you guys want to hook up at some point.

ScottZ - You out there. Still interested in hitting Rhody.

I'll put a sheet up on the bulliten board at burlingame and who ever gets a site can see where the others are camping, maybe get something close by.

I'm taking off very early tomorrow morning, dropping off the camper and fishing who knows where.

Any other clavers?

Slinger
10-03-2002, 01:22 PM
I will definetly be in the area. May start out in a tree and end up on the wall, not sure but I will gertainly meet up with you somewhere in the course of the day.
Slinger

Slinger
10-03-2002, 01:23 PM
PS, bring pocket knives for slurpies!
Slinger

mikez
10-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Jim, I will not have a cell and prefer to avoid all phones while fishing. ;)
It would be helpful if a rough time estimate for the big feast on saturday was posted here. That way any and all who plan to attend will know to arrive before that time. A signup list on the B-board and Burlingame office will direct late comers to the site of the festivities. The meal can be later in the day, say 7:00ish if no one cares about fishing the sunset, or earlier, say 5:00ish if people prefer to head back out. Personally I vote for 7:00 as once I settle down to eat and mingle, I won't be heading back out.
Greg I may still take you up on the offer to share a site on Sat night. As up to 3 cars are allowed on one site, with no number restriction on tents, we can share without getting in each others way. If you're arriving friday, you'll need my personal info to satisfy the guarders of the gate when you get the permit. Just tell them you're being joined on saturday and give them the info. PM me if that's ok.
General info about Burlingame:
As I said before Area one is a great campsite to use as the central headquarters for the group. Lots of room.
Adults will need to show valid id to gain entry into the park. I guess they're afraid El Quida agents may sneak in and blow up some trees or something.:confused:
Alcohol is strictly prohibited in the park. I'm sure none of our group will break that rule.:chuckle:
Have fun gentlemen, hope to see you out there.

JimW
10-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Mike, I'll probably fish dusk. How's 7:30ish sound. We should be able to put it together pretty quickly. If I end up with a spare spot on the camper you're welcome to it. My bro-in-law is still trying to get a kitchen pass.:rolleyes:

Looks like a small crew so that's what we'll plan on. If anyone else is thinking of showing up Saturday night speak now or just bring some grub.

I was going to head out tonight but with the NE wind I'll leave mid-morning Fri.