For the Hardcores [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: For the Hardcores

mikez
09-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Ok, so it looks like we should have enough Hardcores to make it a Clave. My current plan is still to start at the West Wall and move to Weekapoug. Regardless of wind, weather or surf, I plan to be at Weekapoug at about 3:00 PM. I always park on the east side and I drive a green Honda Accord with Ma plates. I won't have a phone so if anybody wants to hook up, and haven't already run across me in their travels, that's where to look. I'll probably check the board one more time before jumping off, so post your plans if you know them.
PS Add to the "must bring" list some of those waterproof disposable cameras. Those who don't show won't believe our stories without pics!

Lefty
09-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Mike,

I'll be getting in late morning. If I bring my boat I will drop it nearby at a friends house and proceed to the wall and hook up with you. Then we can proceed to Weekapuag together.
I can make a strong camp coffee in a gale. Let's roll!

Lefty

Hawkeye
09-26-2002, 04:29 PM
The Estey's will be there Friday afternoon sometime. We wont be brining the boat for obvious reasons. We'll likely bug out early Sunday with hopes for calm enough seas to give my dad a shot at a BBFT. See ya'll there!

Smcdermott
09-26-2002, 08:01 PM
Mike,
My plan is to meet you at dawn at West Wall. I sent you a PM. I have never been to west wall and could use some help with directions from New London.

Sean

mikez
09-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Sean I sent you directions via PM. Hope you get them on time. See ya out there!

artb
09-26-2002, 09:44 PM
I plan on being down about 1:30 Friday to have a look. I didn't see that anyone acknowledge that the y would check in at Weekapaug Bait and Tackle. I will check out the list when I get there, I do have a couple of spots even if it is windy. I think the wind is going to come of the land so it might not be bad. I found a spot that Tuesday had more Albies than Weekapaug, not going to post it though.:D If I did there wouldn't be any fish there.:(

Lefty
09-27-2002, 07:55 AM
Art I'll try and sign in. Leaving soon.