Manchester 9/25 rpt, Access to West Beach in Beverly??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Manchester 9/25 rpt, Access to West Beach in Beverly???

J Wee
09-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Fished the Singing Beach in Manchester from 6 - 9 AM. Quiet for the first hour and then the peanut bunker showed up, along with a few decent sized stripers occasionally pushing them around. Unfortunately no hookup this morning, but small pods of stripers kept things interesting. Lots of birds around the two islands a few hundred yards out most of the morning, over what appeared to be blues busting on bait. No fish caught, but it sure was a nice morning to be out there and not in the office.

Question for the northshore forum members: We wanted to fish the West Beach in Beverly, but the gate to the parking lot was locked and marked "private". Is there a place to park around there other than that lot?

James Jon
09-25-2002, 12:24 PM
All summer long when that parking lot is full, people park along the street on the beach side towards the railroad crossing. I am sure that you can do the same.

I have never seen anyone get a ticket, although if you get an officer who hasn't had his morning cup of coffee......

DFix
09-25-2002, 12:54 PM
The West Beach Association property is private, pending legal challenges. It's probably wise to call the police and ask the parking question for safety sake.

jborkowski
09-25-2002, 04:43 PM
And keep in mind, the gates close at 7:30PM or whenever the gatekeeper decides to show up thereafter. The sign was turned around when I drove in...and so I didn't see it.

Had I been on the water for 5 more min, I would have gotten locked in. Which would either have been a royal pain in the %#@ or a dream come true...depending on whether or not the blitzes continued through the night :D

longrod
09-25-2002, 06:46 PM
Access to the waterfront in Beverly is easy.
From 128 Take the RT 1A exit toward beverly.
You want to be on Cabot Street. About 2 miles
from 128 Take a left onto Dane Street. Follow to end about a mile. This is Dane street Beach. You
can either park along there or at several public right of ways up and down the street.
There is an boat ramp a mile from the end of dane street if you take a right and go down about a mile then take a left good for about 1/2 the tide
except with small boats. A lot of people launch Kayaks and canoes from dane street and Lynch Park just aorund the corner.

The area is flat and can be fished on foot 2 hours before low to 2 hours after. I could not send you a private e-mail.
Caught TWO keepers this evening and lost 1 this morning. I only live a mile from the beach.
Mark

J Wee
09-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Thanks everyone for your helpful response.

J.