Lefty [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lefty

Mark Mitchell
09-25-2002, 08:43 AM
As usual I'm probably the last to find out but I just read that lefty recently had a mild stroke. He recognized the symptoms coming on and got to his doctor quickly so as strokes go his was mild. From other boards they say he is doing good but will be requiperating for a few months but should be back to the same Lefty we all love. Mark

Dble Haul
09-25-2002, 09:09 AM
I read the same thing a few days ago, but didn't want to post about it here until I heard it from a reliable source.

Get well soon Lefty! :)

Nick
09-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Lefty,
Hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Thinking about you, Nick

juro
09-25-2002, 09:57 AM
I hope you're back on your feet and as ornery as ever ASAP ;)

striblue
09-25-2002, 10:18 AM
Yes..... I am wishing you well also... and take care...

2HandTheSalt
09-25-2002, 02:29 PM
I just spoke with Lefty on the phone and he sounds great.

He told me that he thinks he caused a minor stroke by poling his boat for about a mile upwind and upcurrent, after suffering a motor failure. The motor failure was caused by sucking a bicycle innertube into his jet drive while fishing with his grandson.

At any rate, he is going to obey doctor's orders and take it easy for the next couple of months.

With any luck, maybe now he will now sit still long enough to finish that autobiography!

Go Lefty!!!

Mark Mitchell
09-25-2002, 03:00 PM
I'd luv to see Lefty pen his autobiography.I have asked a couple of friends in the outdoor writting biz to press him about it and they have told me thats not really the type of stuff he writes about. I think his "Little Library" book with his jokes/funny stories comes awful close to his life story. Mark

DFix
09-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery and best wishes :D

FlyFishAR
09-25-2002, 07:51 PM
I am TOTALLY bummed that he won't be here next week. But at least he's ok. Glad I got to see him in Denver at least. He'll be back on his feet and calling me a "Dumb-A" again in no time.

John

Adrian
09-26-2002, 05:28 AM
"I'll bet he keeps a pet zebra called 'Spot', hmmf!"

Get well soon Lefty!

Fish_Eye
09-27-2002, 06:16 PM
I spoke with Lefty a few times this week and he's doing just fine -- even finding humor in his emergency room experience.

In typical Lefty fashion, he commented, "When I left the hospital I was given a note explaining what activities it was safe to resume. It said it was OK for me to wash my hair; heck, I haven't been able to do that for years! I was particularly happy to find out I could resume my sex life!Ē

Heís going to spend time getting back to work on his biography as well as writing a number of magazine articles.

You canít keep a good man down.

Mike

silverbullet
09-27-2002, 11:01 PM
I just watched the carp show w/ flip last month.Lefty sure is a master.How do you guys get so lucky as to meet someone like this?I wonder if he likes steelhead?
Get well soon Lefty....
jeff

Lefty
10-04-2002, 10:31 AM
All right Juro I get it now.

Lefty (the other one who is local, or is it loco)

striblue
10-04-2002, 10:44 AM
I thougth Lefty Kreh was now registered and answered the thread...but it was only you...............;)