fishing the rogue [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: fishing the rogue

sean
09-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Here is a shot a me fishing down in front of the Weasku Inn. Not really good fly water but a lovely place to practice...

fredaevans
09-18-2002, 01:03 PM
When you were on the river (and is that a steelhead splashing around on the end of your line?) the river flow was at 1900 cfs (higher where you were from feeder streams, etc.) and now down to 1400 cfs. A 25% drop; going down to about 1,000 cfs over the next few days (a 50% drop). By the photo (think I even know what rock you were standing on) you'd be now out several feet to be only up to your knees in water.

Well over 7,000 fish in the upper river now so with levels dropping things should start to get very interesting "PDQ."
FAE

sean
09-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Not a steelhead at all....I wish. Actually that is me ripping a poorly placed anchor out of the water to try and cast. Was hoping no one would notice:D .

Well I wish I could get back quick but it looks like I will have to wait until spring but I will definitely be there. Already looking at tickets and making plans. Do you guys have good april fishing?

Thinking with the inevitable river closures that happen up here the Rogue would be the place to get in some april fishing.

-sean

fish-head
09-19-2002, 10:56 AM
April on the River's here are the in between run's for a Fly Fisherman .Most of head up to the High lakes . Not sure if this help's ? Fish-head