newbie saying hello [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: newbie saying hello


silverbullet
09-17-2002, 09:13 PM
HEY ,
just a quick hello and praise for the site.The guys in charge are doing a great job.I have learned alot and hope to learn more to come.keep up the good work.Everyone sure seems nice and helpful here.
jeff

Dble Haul
09-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Hey Jeff, welcome. Where are you located and what do you fish for?

Adrian
09-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Welcome Jeff!

Lake Erie tribs sounds like Steelhead & Salmon country ;)

Dble Haul
09-18-2002, 11:52 AM
Oooooh, so that's what "location" in the profile means! :rolleyes:

Question answered!

fredaevans
09-18-2002, 12:50 PM
:D

99% of the time we get it right .... the other 1% will have 999 posts. Just kidding.


:hehe:

fae

pmflyfisher
09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Welcome, great another great lakes steelheader, I'm a lake michigan steelheader, never done lake erie, hard to pull me away from here.

From what I have heard it appears you have better lake run brown trout fishing there then we do here.

FlyFishAR
09-18-2002, 09:19 PM
From what I have heard it appears you have better lake run brown trout fishing there then we do here.

<perk>

Did somebody say "brown trout"......:eyecrazy:

John

pmflyfisher
09-18-2002, 10:10 PM
FlyfishAr (John)

Yes there are bigger and more browns which run the rivers off of a Lake Erie and Lake Ontario then here in Lake Michigan waters. They have better stocking programs there on Browns from what I hear. October to November is the target period for the big lake runs.

Silverbullet

Keep this gentlemen FF off your waters unless you want the trophy brown fishery depleted. :hehe:

striblue
09-18-2002, 11:03 PM
Welcome Silverbullet...glad to have you on board.....

FlyFishAR
09-19-2002, 08:00 AM
Hal (aka PMflyfisher):

They are about to turn the water off here (an about time I must say). I've been busy tying "trout crack" in anticipation of the new season.

John

silverbullet
09-19-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm over here in the ohio tribs of lake erie.we don't see too many browns or salmon around here but a few turn up from time to time.The state puts in excess of 400,000 steelies into the system every spring and that makes for some fun fishing.I'll have to say we may not gey huge fish,average under 10 lbs, but we get alot of them.I gots to go tie more flies.out

pmflyfisher
09-19-2002, 09:34 PM
John

So you are saying prime time is about to start ? Also prime time is arriving here, just needs to cool down a little more and get some rain.

Figures just when my work world goes crazy. With my luck I will be on a plane to Schweiser land soon where they have only small trout and grayling and most of the fishing is private.

Do you know where schweiser land is ?

Silverbullet

Agree there are no browns over there;), got to try and keep John away from there.

Hal