Vermont fishing pic [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Vermont fishing pic

sean
09-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Thought I would post a pic of myself fishing the upper winooski in Vermont a month or so ago. Fished with my brother in law and only managed a small brown. Still a beautiful day on the river...

BigDave
09-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Great pic, Sean.

I fish the Lamoille in Wolcott Village every fall and the 2 look fairly similar. Imagine what that scene would look like during peak foliage. When it's that pretty outside, catching fish kind of becomes incidental...

dewey
09-20-2002, 07:23 PM
Nice photo. I've been fishing the Winooski pretty often the last couple weeks, and it's been good. Some really nice browns on dries and nymphs. This is the time of year to be on the stream in VT.

juro
09-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Looks like a good spot to Spey cast :devil:

Adrian
09-20-2002, 10:02 PM
There is something about a lifting mist clinging to the tree tops which which achieves 'instant mental transport'.

Great picture Sean and - yes, nice spot to make some cool loops with the double hander.

Chris
09-21-2002, 10:31 AM
I was on the Kennebec first light this morning in Winslow. It was one of those misty mornings that I love as well. There I was rigged for Stripers as they have been pretty active on the young of the year alewifes. A fantastic caddis hatch was coming off and the big browns were porpoising all around me. My luck to be tricked out with bass gear. If I were trout fishing.... well you know