Androscoggin River [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Androscoggin River

artb
09-07-2002, 08:53 PM
:D I am surprised that no one mentioned the Androscoggin River between Errol, and Berlin in the section know as the 13 Mile Woods. A big wide open river. Juro suited for Sprey casting. The only problem is they have a lot of rafting, and canoes. It is the only river in the Northeast that I have fished where in one pool I caught a slam, that is a brook trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, and a landlock salmon in the same pool without leaving it. :) That is one river that I wish was closer to where I live, great scenery,and wildlife.;)Sorry, I didn't mean to create a new post just tried to add it to The Request for NH information.:o

juro
09-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Good point Art. I didn't mean to say there were NO rivers, there are plenty that far north. Probably the closest good river is the Merrimac, but it doesn't get good until the stretch around Franklin, the very headwaters about 90 minutes away from me (one way).

The Penobscot is another one if I can take a whole weekend, etc.

Brad
09-11-2002, 10:59 AM
If you make it to Errol a must stop is Luc Coty's shop. Also you are only about an hour from the Rangley area. The fishing can be very exciting for landlocks in the spring when the smelt are spawning.

Chris
09-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Upper Kennebec and it's tribs- Moose ,Dead, Spencer Stream are worth the trip too.

pmflyfisher
09-16-2002, 09:06 PM
Great country up there in Western Maine and Northern NH border. Remember the Androscoggin area, got to get back up there some day.