Whale Kills Fisherman [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Whale Kills Fisherman

striblue
09-04-2002, 04:15 PM
See....http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/03/wh...reut/index.htm. Whale breeches and lands on a 20 boat killing one of the fishermen... makes me think about the time we were off Nauset in July... the whales were not breeching but they may have rammed us by mistake.(for some reason the link shows an error...just type in "whale" in the CNN search box and it will send you to the article.)

pmflyfisher
09-04-2002, 04:22 PM
John, link is not working, but I saw this on the CNN news ticker last night. Heck of a way to go with a whale landing on you !:whoa:

Doublespey
09-04-2002, 06:02 PM
and paste into your browser. Also . . . remove the period at the end. ;)

DS

fredaevans
09-04-2002, 06:29 PM
with Puget Sound killer whales getting too frisky. No damage to the hull or person, other than having to change my shorts.
:eyecrazy:

tomd
09-05-2002, 08:32 AM
when it's your time to go!!! damn strange way,though!!! Tom D

rooster
09-05-2002, 02:57 PM
After serious discussions with the Winterhawk Winemaking and Flyfishing crew, we have determined that real reason why the lead male whales beach and the entire pod follows them is that they are lost and they finally took their mates instructions to "stop and ask for directions"...,
rooster

John Desjardins
09-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by rooster
After serious discussions with the Winterhawk Winemaking and Flyfishing crew, we have determined that real reason why the lead male whales beach and the entire pod follows them is that they are lost and they finally took their mates instructions to "stop and ask for directions"...,
rooster

AH yes now I have a topic to discuss at the dinner table. :devil: Lets see I'll put it as "I heard today that some renowned fisheries experts determined why whales beach themselves" . I should have the wife believing me for 10 seconds at least.

rooster
09-05-2002, 04:23 PM
Red wine does make you smarter...,