Hundred Acre Cove... Barrington [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Hundred Acre Cove... Barrington

RayStachelek
09-04-2002, 01:22 AM
The general populus will not be allowed to park at the bird sanctuary lot anymore. Barrington Town Council voted tonight to close parking to all but town residents. A beach pass sticker will now be required. This excudes all non residents of the town of Barrington. This does not prevent general access, but it does make it difficult for non residents. Street parking in Barrington around water ways is mostly prohibited. Hundred Acre Cove is one of the best spring pristine striper spots in the state.

We can thank the deviant sexual behaviorists for this dilemma. Seems like the dog walkers, birdwatchers, and outdoors people who visit the area have caught pairs of males in the act, so to speak. It must be true that estuaries are indeed the beginning of life.

The council will review the policy after one year. Protect your rights... Just another case of the good guy getting hurt by others who misuse the right.

Nick
09-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Ray,
Is that the cove we fished this spring at the Rhody opener? It was a beautiful stretch of water that is a shame to loose. Thanks for the notification.

Nick

juro
09-04-2002, 09:30 AM
There are areas on rte 3 heading to the cape where I would not want to stop to fish due to similar freakish goings on. When I was a kid we used to ride our bikes to spots like that to fish on a Saturday, wouldn't let kids do it now.

I suppose there is a benefit to this approach at Barrington, all vehicles will be identifiable and thus any perpetrators can be persecuted.

RayStachelek
09-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Nick ..... It certainly is the same place. Hate to loose such a primo spot.

Maybe we can have the fall clave there before the actually put forth the regulations. What's wrong with trolling now and than.
:hehe: