FORUM CHick MaGneTs.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FORUM CHick MaGneTs....

juro
09-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Who says flyfishermen aren't chick magnets?

pmflyfisher
09-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Defintely have to report this post to the Administrator, "Scary".
:hehe:

striblue
09-02-2002, 05:25 PM
Yes Hal..I agree...I wonder who they are? This is the type of thing we need to police and be vigilant... I wonder where that guy got my Fez.. Or maybe there are two alike. I think I have seen that guy with the teeth somewhere..hanging around bait shop waiting for the sand eel shipments. I am positive of that......

2HandTheSalt
09-02-2002, 05:50 PM
AP-Mayberry, SC. At the fortieth reunion of the Andy Griffith Show, Floyd the barber and Goober Pyle take a break from Catfishin' to view the annual, ' Aunt Bea Look-Alike,' contest.

pmflyfisher
09-02-2002, 06:41 PM
Scary, glad I am in great lakes country, a 1,000 miles away from east coast. Although I can tell you we have our scary fisherman out here for sure, actually worse than back east as I remember, but I am sure Arkansas trumps us all. :D

Penguin
09-02-2002, 07:51 PM
You know...
Those are the kinda' guys who give this sport and serious phly phisherman (like myselph) such a bad name!
I see no colour coordinated ascots...
I see no stringer of freshly dead marine creatures...
...I'm sure that the criminal on the right appeared as a lead character in the movie classic "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" and was later frequently seen visiting Charlie Manson at the bighouse in Vacaville, CA.
...And that "terrorist" on the left (casually looking off in the distance for some sign from the heavens) bears CONSTANT watching!
I would have expected this from one of the "other" sites but it just goes to show how civilation, as we know it, has fallen.;)

Dble Haul
09-02-2002, 08:44 PM
Guys, that's one hell of a sight to behold after spending all day in the rain in Rhody!!! So much for warm and dry.....

kush
09-02-2002, 10:31 PM
I don't know, but it looks like Bubba and his Uncle-Dad were standing too close to that thermo-nuclear waste that I left on Peguin's tying table!

fredaevans
09-03-2002, 01:05 AM
Spring King Salmon season. The woodwork crawls with "fellows" who look too similar to these two individuals.

Very scary :eyecrazy: number of 'fly guys' after these buggers can be counted on one hand. Look at the pictures again and you'll understand why.
:razz:

FishHawk
09-03-2002, 06:01 AM
Hate to meet them on the flats with the fog rolling in.
FishHawk

NrthFrk16
09-03-2002, 10:38 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought I would see posted picturs of yours truly...well that wasn't the case. :o

pmflyfisher
09-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Fred,

Yep same here in great lakes, the salmon runs bring out the really strange looking anglers you do not want to be with on the river in darkness with. If I had my way I would outlaw fishing at night in rivers during the salmon runs for every one.

Hal

fredaevans
09-04-2002, 03:47 PM
You can legally fish from one hour before to one hour after dark. The "salmon fishermen," if that's what you choose to call them, love the dark part. 99% of them are long lineing the fish (10-15 foot leaders below 2-4 oz of lead and bead/small corkies). The 'sportsmen' use the glow in the dark corkies charged with a camera flash.

Fish sees these in the pitch black, says why not? and off you go. Talking to Sarget Thomson (Oregon State Police do the majority of the game work in Oregon) more than a few tickets to guys who just can't wait/don't want to go home.

With the flash strobe going off I gather it's not too hard to tell when someone's fishing beyond the appointed hours.

Dumb Bast.....
:smokin:

striblue
09-04-2002, 04:37 PM
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/animals/goldfish.gifGee Fred... the thread started out about two great looking ladies men... and see what happened.http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/icw/003.gifhttp://216.40.241.68/contrib/ruinkai/conehead.gifhttp://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/ups/mtk/badteeth.gif

fredaevans
09-04-2002, 05:08 PM
that someone handed them that fly rod for the sake of the picture. Well, some eger saleperson may have hosed them over too; but we'll never know.:confused:

If you spent any time at McGregor park in March-May, and watched the 'salmon fishermen' on the rock wall across from you, you'd understand the similarity. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.
:>)

Actually, 98% of them give the few of us 'fly-guys' a wide birth and lots of room to play with. After a few casts with the long rods they can tell 'we' can adjust our drifts (mend, pop the line out back out of the way, etc.,) whereas the mono-guys 'got what they got.' When 'I' show up on the river they're usually very curtious about shorting up their casts to give me room to swing my flys; another lead chucker ... he's on his own .... and the swearing is about to begin.
:whoa:

pmflyfisher
09-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Fred, are those the legal hours for fishing on all Oregon rivers or just the Rogue ?

Wish they had those rules out here. Most of the night fisherman during the salmon and steelhead runs are up to no good. Snagging is illegal here now, but at night they can get away with it much more easily than the day time.

Hal

Doublespey
09-04-2002, 07:08 PM
(flyfisherman), Where Art Thou?? :hehe:

<insert banjo music here>

DFix
09-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Scary, very scary, to think that picture could be the result of family interconnections and/or residence on Cape Cod -

SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PIG PIG PIG PIG....:eek:

Penguin
09-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Before I moved to the FarSide (of the Canal)...

Ever since THAT photo was posted my phone hasn't stopped ringin' and my e-mail is on overload...

But I've been warned by some drivers in the airline industry...
Before I even think about getting married...
I should
Find some gal I can't stand...
Buy her a house...
and
Send her a big check each month...
'cause that's what will happen soonerorlater!
(those poor synical bast****)

Of course
If she happens to own a flatz boat
and has her own FF gear...
well, that's another story!

p.s.
please send photo of boat

Doc Duprey
09-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Pete,

Sorry...I got the last one...though the flats boat is a few years off.

Best regards,

-Doc