Recon Rhody Clavemeister [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Recon Rhody Clavemeister

RayStachelek
08-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Some like it...Hot... He likes it rainy. Jim Whalen's recent escapade to Rhody produce rain showers and some blue ribbon bluefishing.

We sure do need the rain you brought Jim, but your quote of, "It's raining menhaden and bluefish" is quite a stretch.

Always vigilant, Jim is making sure all arrangements for the Rhody Clave are in place. Crossing the "T's" and dotting the "I's" are just as important as saliva on knots I'm told.

http://castaflycharters.com/Jwhalen3.jpg

striblue
08-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Holy Cow!..are you trying to give me a heart attack! That's quite a shock to scroll down on!:hehe:

JimW
08-30-2002, 05:07 PM
It was well worth getting wet.
John, that's the look of a crazed bluefisherman:devil:

The fishing was insane down in Rhody. The blues were thrashing so hard I would not even get near them in a yak. :whoa: It was nuts: I missed many hits but still caught a lot of fish and straightened a couple hooks. Got one on a fly but with 4 people in the boat a stiff wind and tales of flylines (not leaders) chewed to pieces; I switched over to 1/2 oz clousers with a 150yd 8lb test leader :eek: There were several double hook ups and a few triples. Ray later showed how it was done on the fly, very cool technique.

Ray, Thanks a bunch, that was a great day on the water.

PS: I think my wading vest is more breathable than waterproof:hehe:

Penguin
08-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Jim is workin' a "special deal"!
...just a few blocks from the water...

Slinger
08-31-2002, 03:04 AM
Ray,
I don`t see your name on the sign-up sheet?????
Slinger
PS
This could be better than the Meadowbrook gettogathers!