Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hampton Harbor - 8/25

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mattb 
#1 ·
Hit Hampton Harbor at around 6:00 PM and fished until around 8:00 PM. Not much action as I only saw one schoolie caught by a bait slinger. Got excited when I say two big clouds of sand eels drift by. The only problem was nothing was following them.

Not sure what is going on. I hope there is still some time to get them up this way. Have to head down to the Cape soon, and then wave goodbye to them in Rhody.

Dave

#7 ·
Bzzzzt- wrong answer contestants.
But hey the whole coast is exploding down to Nahant and beyond. I've heard some great stories about all areas. The only slow area seems to be PI.
Hint: Castle.
Anyone want details PM me. Glad to help.
Now will the easterlies and rain stop the Juvi buffet?

Lefty

#8 ·
Matt,

I meant to e-mail you today and see if you were up for some NH shore trips next week. I will be sure to get in touch.

I hit the NH coast tonight (writing this post in an attempt to forget about the salty gear in the car) and had a great night.

Ok, no fish but a great night.

I saw no bird activity and no bait. I did find a really sweet hole that looked all kinds of fishy and provided some decent current to swing your fly through. I will be revisiting that locale next week.

I talked to a spin guy and he was getting lots of hits on poppers on the beach tonight. He had 30 hits throughout the day and only 3 hookups. In typical fashion he told me that the coast was home to large schools of alewife last week. He said that the striper action was hot until last Saturday and then it slowed down. Multiple keepers on spoons last Thursday.

It looks like wind should turn westerly on Monday (if you want to think that the weatherman knows what he is talking about) and that should help clear out all of the floating green junk in the waters around Hampton Beach.

All in all a good scouting mission for me. I will be heading out on at least 2 nights next week and I will send a shout out to some of my NH brethren before I go.

-Mike

#9 ·
Mike,
Give a shout I should be able to get down one evening next week. I'm off tuesday and wednesday. I'll be taking my daughter to Northeastern for the school year tuesday and will be headed back past the NH shore around evening time. Lets meet up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.