Plymouth 8/21 8/22 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plymouth 8/21 8/22

JimW
08-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Wednesday night WOW! Let's just say it's Fall. There are a tremendous number of fish complete with diving birds in the Plymouth/Kingston area. Wed. eve surface activity was great with several large schools of 18-26" stipers herding juvi's. When they hit a flat, all hell breaks loose and you really can't miss. As I was paddling back to shore on Wed. I could hear the sound of bass hitting the surface in a concetrated school, it sounded like the finale of a fireworks display. I was too tired to catch anymore.
Thursday eve had good activity but not in the same concentration. Some of the better action was in nasty water with the S-SW gusting over 20 at times so I didn't get into the main school but I got a couple near keeper size that gave a great fight in 2 feet of water.

Lefty
08-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Go Jim! Do you think the easterlies will shut things down for the weekend? I do.

JimW
08-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Lefty, Just as it swings NE it can be great, but once the weeds come in :( the fun is over. That same NE/NW wind usually makes for good fishing after it swings S-SW.