Rhody HardTailClave 2002 Signup sheet [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody HardTailClave 2002 Signup sheet

JimW
08-23-2002, 12:12 PM
I hope this works. There may be some problems with the email portion of the system so if you don't get an email confirming your password just PM me.

Here's a link to the signup sheet:
Sign up here (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/expertise/rodrack/hardtailclave2002.htm)

JimW
08-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Uh Oh, Astro..... Looks like I've got an old file out there. I won't be able to fix it until tonight so please wait for the all clear before signing up.

Lefty
08-23-2002, 12:38 PM
I'll only go if the Esteys go ;)
I guess I'll bring my boat too. Just need to check the calendar with the boss.

Lefty

JimW
08-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Terry, If I read that correctly what you're saying is: You volunteer to be camp Meister. ;)

On second thought, everyone go ahead and sign up. Just don't expect to get the email right away. I'll write something to allow the email to be sent out later. At least this way we can get a head count for Art.

Lefty
08-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Actually I'm lucky if I can pull it off. With my huge pain in the neck construction project winding down, I'm thinking uncomplicated is the only way I can go. So the usual pushy, headstrong, controlling meister in me will have to sit this one out. There's always next year though to take over the board:whoa: Sorry I can't be more help.

Jim this group is on the smaller side, so looks like we can keep it simple.

Nick
08-23-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm not gonna know my schedule until the last minute. I'm hoping I'll be around for it.
My rents live in Mystic, so I'll have a place to stay. Let me know if I can do anything to help, even if I can't make it.

Nick

GregD
08-23-2002, 05:33 PM
I'm planning to get down friday with the boat and camp fri-sun. Will see how things shake out when we get closer to the date.

Greg.

fliboy
08-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Any one got the cabins? I'd take a spot if any are open. Please use PM to let me know if someone has an opening.

Dave

Sprocket
08-26-2002, 08:13 AM
Dave & others:
If you want to split a cabin with me I'll make the calls - I'm not sure what they have for space but I'm sure we can put some guys on the floor too.

What say ye?

Lefty
08-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Guys,
I got clearance for take off from the tower. I'm changing my status from a maybe to a definate! Nothing better than fish camp and 2-3 days of hardcore fishing.
JimW- I got a cape wedding (I'm the best man:eyecrazy: ) to get out of the way in 2 weeks, then I can help out more. (FWIW the wedding is at a mansion on the water too, I can see a blitz breaking out right in the middle of the ceremony- my eyes twitching too).

Lefty

JimW
08-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Lefty, that's great news. Funny you should mention the wedding blitz. I have experienced it, true story. I think it was mid Sept. at my Bosses house on Pegotty beach in Scituate. The couple was getting married on the sea wall and during the vows some birds start working out ~200yds. The fish drove the bait into the corner right below the happy couple. I still remember the sounds of bass slamming and slapping with the gulls screeching and diving. Very tough to take.

Adrian
08-26-2002, 01:51 PM
I will be there for one of the days (Sat / Sun) depending on home committments - I should know by this coming week-end.

I will bring the Yak and do a day trip from CT.

jared
08-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Just been informed that we have a wedding to go to on the 29th. So looks like it's the 28th only. (unless something ELSE comes up that I am currently not aware of...) still not sure about the shore/yak/boat variables...

-j

JimW
08-27-2002, 09:41 AM
The edit feature should work now. You will be prompted for a login and password. The page explains things so I won't do it again here. If you need to change any of your info go for it.

juro
08-30-2002, 08:19 PM
WOW! Just checked out the list... this is gonna be a BLAST! Can't wait.

JimW
08-30-2002, 08:57 PM
I know of at least 4 more that will be attending. Please sign up on the form. Follow the link at the top of this tread. I'm phyched, tying up some chovies right now.

Slinger
08-31-2002, 01:52 AM
I signed up Art, plan on making 2 days may take a vac. day and make all 3. Gonna try to use the boat but may chicken out and stay on the beach. May drag a couple of old friends along! Planing on bringing along a large venison chili, the last of last yrs. deer. Deer season opens 2 days afterthe clav!!!
Slinger

JimW
08-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Steve, thanks for signing up. The chili sounds great.

Lefty
09-09-2002, 12:27 PM
YO Jim,
Starting to get back in the swing of things. What's the camp reservation situation? I don't really need a cabin, but shall we reserve a number of spaces? Or is it 1st come 1st serve? I forget. I could grab a site and share with a few if needed.

Lefty

JimW
09-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Last time I called Burlingame they said cabins could be reserved but sites could not . I think they have well over 700 sites and don't think there would be a problem at the end of Sept. but you never know.
Terry, I'm glad you're on top of things.
I'd encourage those who want to stay in a cabin to reserve now.
after checking into it looks like they only do snail mail reservations :rolleyes:
http://www.riparks.com/cabin.htm

Just talked to John at the campground, he said the tent sites don't fill up at all in the fall and all the cabins are available for the nights of the 27th and 28th. It would be a good idea for someone who is staying in one to reserve it.

Terry, maybe start another thread on cabins vs tent sites?

Here's a map of the campsites http://www.riparks.com/Burlmap.pdf
We've stayed in the fishermans are in the past, and that's where the cabins are located.

fliboy
09-09-2002, 08:21 PM
I'd be up for sharing a cabin spot with some others. If I remember right, the cabins had room for four.

Dave P

Papa-G
09-10-2002, 04:19 PM
I have found that many state campgrounds have group sites. Is it possible that Burlingame has this type of site? If so , it would be great for our comunity meals and a place to gather. If they do then another question is, how many people can be in one group site? If they do not have group sites then I guess we will need to scope out the best site for the group to gather for Saturday evening meal.

Looking forward to a great couple of days fishing. :hehe:

Quentin
09-10-2002, 10:32 PM
you will need to have the full names of the other people that will be staying at the cabin when you check in. They charge an additional $3.00 if they have to add another name to the list after you check in.

Q

JimW
09-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Papa G, I don't see a group site on the map. That would have been a nice setup. The area near the water, sites 100-130 are fairly spacious. If we can get two sites side by side it should be plenty of room for the group.

mikez
09-11-2002, 07:27 PM
With Burlingame's first come, first serve system, if several of us got in line together we should be able to get adjacent sites no problem. I plan to show up at the campground Friday morning around 8:00ish [fish permitting] to grab a tent site. I'd be glad to coordinate with any other tent campers to try and establish a group of sites together. It wouldn't have to be so early but we'd stand a much better chance of getting a group of good sites together. Even in September the line to register can be pretty long on a Friday with good weather predicted.

Doc Duprey
09-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Unfortunately, after much excitement and a flurry of fly tying, I will not be able to attend after all. The dreaded family committments...

Maybe next year.

Good luck to all of you guys. I'll be there in spirit.

-Doc

MattS
09-14-2002, 08:25 PM
I just signed up for the clave and can't wait! It will be my first time fishing for Albies and I am totally psyched!

1st - How can I help or be of assitance for the weekend? Can I bring something or is there a list of items we need etc. (please feel free to e-mail or call)

2nd - Any help with gear or recommended flies would be of great assistance. Maybe someone could post a brief response on this for all to read. Things like: flies, sizes, leader/tippet recommendations, best rod weight and what has worked for past clave attendees etc.

Matt
>--)))'>

MattS
09-14-2002, 08:27 PM
Forgot to add - my friend and I are going to try to get a cabin. Would anyone else like to join us?

E-mail or call me

Matt
>--)))'>

JimW
09-15-2002, 09:10 AM
Doc, Sorry to hear that, there will be other claves.
Matt, take a look at the Dave's post a few messages up in this thread. There is a gear list in another thread, maybe some Wood, spring water, check it out Here (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk3/showthread.php?threadid=7770) ... other than thanBring a good attitude and share in the fun. Gear and tactics I'll leave to Art.

Slinger
09-15-2002, 10:05 PM
As for flies, I`d say peanut bunker most definitly. Was at Weakapague this morning and the place is litteraly paved with them, as long as your index finger and just about as thick. Fish have been running into the breachway regularly around high tide, which will be around 3 o`clock when we`ll be there.
Slinger

Smcdermott
09-17-2002, 07:25 PM
I had a few vacation days to use so I took Friday and Monday off. MikeZ I would be happy to meet you Friday morning to set up and then maybe we can do some scouting for the following days. PM or shoot me an email. Really getting psyched up for this. I plan on doing some more scouting at least one day this weekend.

Sean

Nick
09-17-2002, 07:31 PM
Sean,
Check the signup page. I sent JimW some maps that were intended for your kayak day. Might come in handy this weekend!

Nick

Smcdermott
09-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Nick,
Sorry I never got back to you. Doogue had to cancel last minute so I was shore bound and I didn't get your email till late Friday because I can't access my email at work. I probably will stay shore bound this weekend as well. I think I really should have company for my first Yak trip. Hope to see you before the season ends.

Sean

Nick
09-18-2002, 07:09 AM
I may be interested in some Rhody work this weekend (Sunday specifically). I'll keep you informed.

NIck

Adrian
09-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Nick

I could be around that area this week-end too.

Its been ages since I wet a line in the salt and the Yak could do with a good soaking ;)

I've been wanting to paddle around those ponds since we got down there back in April - time sure flies!

TimSt
09-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Guys-
Haven't posted here since forever, but wanted to add .02 to the 'clave details.
The fact that one must be an eternal optimist to be a fisherman notwithstanding (especially when it comes to albies), just wanted to let you know that things are shaping up nicely for your 'clave. Though the hardtails have been in for a month elsewhere in the state, it's been hit or miss in S. County until recently (well, for me, anyway). They're now making a very good showing in the areas Art has highlighted for the 'clave. Make sure you're bringing plenty of wire though; Weekapaug was blues 'til your arms hurt this afternoon, and they've been ravaging the shoreline all along the south coast. Saw a lone albie at W'paug today cruising with the blues-stuck out like a sore thumb and couldn't be culled from the thousands of blues.
I'll be out this weekend, and will be sure to say hi to any groups of SWFF's in S. County. Good luck to all of you!
Tim

Smcdermott
09-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Tim,
What time were you at weekapaug? I got there about 6:45 and there were 3 or 4 packs of small pods moving up and down the wall for about 15 mins and then they were gone. Did not see any big blue blitzes and I stayed till about 9.

SEan

Nick
09-20-2002, 11:41 AM
Sean,
PM is full. Give me a call this evening or tomorrow.

Nick

Adrian,
I'll probably be down Sunday morning. Hope to see you around.

Nick

TimSt
09-20-2002, 01:03 PM
I was at Weekapaug in the early afternoon; the blues were blitzing the beach on the east side and plenty were pulled out of the breachway as well until the tide slacked.
Tim

dewey
09-20-2002, 06:18 PM
just wanted to wish you all luck for this outing. I tried to make it, but this is the ONE WEEKEND I have to work in the last three years.

Sprocket
09-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Sorry but I muist back out at this time, I've updated my info on the site to help with logistics.

Good luck all in attendence!

juro
09-22-2002, 08:03 AM
Well since I could not use my airline tickets this weekend, I must use them next weekend or use them to start a fire this winter (burn 'em). They must be used by September 30, 2002.

Fall is always a hard time for me with so much going on and I've only fished a couple of times in the last several weeks. Historically I've missed every other Rhody outing, this one is going to go that way too.

This one sounds like the biggest most energized event since the Boneclave - in fact it might even be bigger! It has been a very hard choice but I can't face the winter having burned my airline tickets.

I'll be meeting up with Sean in Seattle, talking to a couple of prospective sponsors while I am out there. And oh yeah a bit of fishing. :D Even if it's just for the weekend at least I used the ticket.

I have a feeling this hardtail clave is going to be the barn burner of the Forum's history... please take lots of pics and have an awesome outing!

I will make sure my pogie oil gets to Burlingame, all I ask is that you pour a tin-cup toast to yourselves on Saturday night.

jared
09-23-2002, 11:18 AM
updated the list as well....bad news/hopeful news....down to a definite maybe for Sunday (Saturday's out)...not sure my buddy can go on Sunday, so might have room for one in the boat on Sunday.....

--j

Roop
09-26-2002, 08:15 AM
Friends,

Go for it and enjoy yourselves!

Sorry I can't make it, best of luck!

Roop

PS Don't forget the heavy fluoro leaders ;)

striblue
09-26-2002, 08:26 AM
In am out..... I will just focus on the last Rip trip

jared
09-26-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm out....boston harbor on saturday AM is about as far as I'm likely to get this weekend...good winds & good luck to all!

-j

ScottZ
10-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi JimW - I'm new here, just registered. I live in PA and love to chase albies, NJ shore and Marthas Vineyard. Sorry if I'm not up to speed here, but is the Hardtail Clave rerun this coming weekend, 5-6 Oct? If so I'm definitely interested in coming up. Thanks.

JimW
10-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Scott.
Excellent, the list grows. Can we hit 10?

BARDY
10-04-2002, 12:11 PM
I am going to try and make it down Saturday morning since I couldn't get any Springsteen tickets for under $225.00 . Where will everyone be.