How I spent my summer vacation. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: How I spent my summer vacation.

Jimmy
08-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Looking for fish for the most part.:)

First and foremost, I must extend my thanks to the commander of AREA 61. Pete was a most excelent host. I can't thank him enough for putting me up for a few days until my rental was available. Hey Pete. Sorry about all of that "complaining" I did.;) ;) ;)

I've always said that catching fish was a bonus. Don''t get me wrong. I would much rather catch fish. But some times the fish are not on the same page as I am. This year they obviously didn't get the memo that I was in town for a month.:hehe:

As I said catching fish is just a bonus. To be where I was and to share that time with friends, reminds me of why I became a member of this board.

Fishing on South Beach with Pete or joining he and Nick in the Kayaks on the bay side flats is just the thing a person needs to let him know that his every day worries are no more. Even if only for a few days. Thanks guys.

I was very fortunate to prowl the flats of Monomoy with Striblue several times. One day we took the 8 AM boat to the drop. It was Johns birthday. Now I won't say how old John turned that day but the fish didn't show up to the party. It was great to get our families together. My family had a wonderful time at the CAC. We just couldn't get my wife to put on the Fez. There is only one drawback.It seems that our spouses really hit it off. They mentioned several times about how they would go shopping when we go fishing. Could be trouble.

One of the best days I had is when I joined Juro and his son Joe along with his friend Josh(?) on Cases boat. The boys had a friendly competition with each other. It was great to see a father and son fishing together and enjoying each others company. But I must say, Case and I both thought that some one was going to go for swim. We are also thinking about contacting "The Jerry Springer Show". He's doing a show about "Double hauling, line turbulent hookers and the women who love them". :devil: But that's a different post.

All in all, This was one of the best vacations I've ever enjoyed. I was able to spend some time with good friends. I enjoyed my family to the fullest and spent real quality time with my wife and kids. Most of all, I got to spend time with the person I needed to the most. Me. And if a few fish were caught in the process. Well, that was just a bonus.

striblue
08-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Jimmy...I was waiting for your report.... don't forget ..your the only guy I know who caught 5 stripers off the ocean on south beach that one day...has to be a summer record down here this year..... Great to see you and your family and the great dance show the daughters put on. Yes ..the shopping is a concern, but Elizabeth will be going in for plastic surgery soon....I am cutting up her credit cards.... anyway... hope to see you in October at CAC and thanks for the NYFD commerative hat.

Penguin
08-21-2002, 11:00 PM
The pleasure was all mine!
Any time I can share my place with a distinguished guest who cooks, it's a bonus! And...if you're lookin' for a place to hide out, lemme' know and I'll turn off the perimeter fences.
See ya' in October?!

Nick
08-22-2002, 07:07 AM
Jimmy,
I was glad that I had the chance to see you again this summer, even if it was only for the one morning. Had a great time as usual and hope we can do it again soon! So when you gonna get a yak :hehe:?

Nick

bcasey
08-26-2002, 07:57 AM
Jim,
That was a great day, I only wish there could have been more of them. But then again I know there will be. I had a blast, Thanks