Any new reports from the Deschutes? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Any new reports from the Deschutes?

Bunny Leech
08-19-2002, 02:12 PM
Looks like decent numbers over the dams, but are the fish moving into the river?

SparseHairHackl
08-19-2002, 03:25 PM
There are fish in the river. While elsewhere in Central OR trout fishing early this month, I kept lamenting that it would have been a perfect week to be steelhead fishing, since the weather was so cool. Learned when I got back home that fishing had, indeed, been excellent, from acquaintances who were campled at Macks Canyon.

Stew
08-23-2002, 02:34 AM
The fish are there but the water temp is still above 60 degrees. We got one last night on GB Skunk.

Bunny Leech
08-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Sounds like September will be the time...thanks for the reports.

roballen
08-25-2002, 11:46 PM
Just spent 2 days on the D betweenShears and max. Either the fishing sucks or I do. Jusding by the success of others it wasn't me.

SparseHairHackl
08-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Fished Tuesday eve for 2 hours, and yesterday AM and PM. Had my 11-year-old daughter with me learning to spey cast, so slowed me down a bit. We fished trout mid-day.

My daughter's double-spey was pretty nice by yesterday evening, but she didn't hookup. I managed 3 grabs, and hooked 2 fish. Second fish was pretty big by August Deschutes standards, approx 10 lb.

Water seemed quite warm, even considering the date.

Bill Koran

fredaevans
08-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Mark's an advertiser and (quick glance yesterday) looks like he's now carrying Descht.s info on his web site.
fae

gordonf
08-29-2002, 09:40 PM
My 11 year old son hooked his first steelhead last weekend while fishing for trout on the Deschutes near Warm Springs. Unfortunately his reel blew up in the process, but it was quite a ride while it lasted. Anyway, it appears there are Steelhead spread thoughout the river.