Morris Island/Stage Harbor Canel [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Morris Island/Stage Harbor Canel

Craig
06-02-2001, 04:54 PM
Got to the Canel about 4:00 pm. The tide had already turned and I was picking up schoolies, got two at 25". I was using my 325 grain line and letting the current take it, so I would get down as far as I could. The action was good, but it really turned on about 6:30/7:00. Not sure if the setting of the sun had anything to do with it. From 6:45 to sun set the action was hot. There was one other guy there that showed up just as I was taking off my first 30" blue. We then proceided to get double after double with medium size schoolies. Then I hooked a fish that took me deep into my backing, finally landing it, it was a 34" blue, what a fight. Both blues were hooked in the corner of the mouth, talk about luck. Boy are they strong fish. With the amount of schoolies (I lost track) and the two racers, my arm was very sore by the time sunset came around. Nice problem to have!

Saturday morning fished south beach with Striblue and a few of the other boys, land my first cow of the season 35". Good luck to all.

Lots of Backing,
Craig

striblue
06-02-2001, 05:44 PM
Craig, how long did you stay after Brendan and I left.. did things pick up?

Craig
06-02-2001, 08:12 PM
I didn't stay that much longer, I had one more hit, but didn't get the hook set. Felt like another good one.