Fly Fishing Forum banner

Patagonia SST Waders

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  webbie 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying a pair of these waders from Sierra Trading Post. I would appreciate feedback from anyone on the board who owns a pair.

#3 ·
Worth their weight

Bought them in 2000 on-line (a very good deal) and like them enough to recommend them.
I'm 6'1", 195 and wear the Large Long. They are just right for when you have to squat, bend over, crouch....
I originally purchased the SST (non-neoprene feet) and had leaking problems at the seams. I was talking to a local shop worker and they gave me the choice to either grab another pair of SST's off the shelf or pay the difference and up-grade. I opted for the latter and they sent the waders back in to Patagonia.
If you do get the SST+ and are looking at their shoes, buy one size up. Street shoes are 11.5 to 12. My Marlwalkers are 13 and fit nicely.
Hope this helps,
Mitch

#4 ·
I bought a pair this summer at the patagonia outlet and I love them. The only problem I have is the same one webbie mentioned. They run quite large. I bought an xl, which is what I wear in almost every other brand- the patagonias are huge on me. I'm about 6' 210, and I would've been better of with a large, or possibly even a medium, the XLs are that big.

#5 ·
foot size?

I've been very tempted when I see the nice prices on the SST+ waders, but the sizing seems to leave me out. My shoe size is 13, but inseam is only 30", 6'1" 245lb. As I recall, to get to a 13 foot, you get a very long inseam. Do the foot sizes seem to run large?

john

#7 ·
I did end up getting a pair in August 2002, shortly after I posted this note. I used them for 8 days on the Dean that year and I liked the fact that you can roll down the tops while still wearing the suspenders, nice for those long walks. One complaint I do have concerns the gravel gaurds, they seem too short and they don't stay in place, pretty much useless.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.