Late weekend report! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Late weekend report!

Smcdermott
08-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Had the pleasure of joining Capt. Ray and his son this Sunday. I had some family from Texas in town and wanted to show them some Northeast excitement. We headed out at 4:30 a.m. and had our first striper hooked around 5. We managed to catch a few more stripers in the early morning hours and found acres of 3-6 lb blues through late morning. All in all it was a fantastic time. Many thanks to Capt. Ray and Scott who were very patient with some novice fisherman. I would highly recommend Ray to anyone looking for a guide and hope to get out with him again this fall in pursuit of my first little tuny.

Sean

juro
08-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a great time! Your family must have been amazed at seeing acres of feeding blues.

RayStachelek
08-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Sean -

Nothing better than to look at the world through a child's eyes. Tommy's eye's were as wide as half dollars, casting, catching and releasing fish. That's the enjoyment I see at my age. I'm glad we started the day early to catch some liner's. After the bluefish action starts, they are no where to be found. Glad all had a great time. It helps when the fish cooperate. Nice bunch of friends.

My son made it to the semifinals tomorrow in the RI State Jr Golf Champanionships. All the accounts are in the Providence Journal. Shot even par today. Now that I'm a bystander, watching becomes so much fun as a family activity.