No singing (for) the Blues [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: No singing (for) the Blues

FrenchCreek
08-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Decision has been made.
Steelheading wins over the annual pilgrimage to the Cape.
Hope to see y'all maybe in 2003 or if you get up to my home waters

FishHawk
08-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Fishing has not been that great this year. Hope to fish the Bow maybe in 03 will contact you.FishHawk:D

FredA
08-07-2002, 06:15 AM
Bummer.

steelheadmike
08-07-2002, 09:22 AM
I hate to say it but I think you made the right decision. Steelheading is some of the most exciting fishing you can do. I would be out much more often if I did not live 5hr from the nearest steelhead streams. Good luck.

juro
08-07-2002, 09:37 AM
The striper fishing started better than ever this year BUT unlike the last 2 years the dog days came in mid-summer. Most years the dog days do come, but last year in particular the July / August fishing was hot right thru on the cape. I think we got spoiled.

Tunoids are in over on the islands, bass are here just acting funny, and gorrilla blues are about to converge on the area - with the shortening of days and the clearing of the mung on the big beaches & arrival of big sand eels in the shoreline rips situation will change until the fall migration begins.

We'll miss you Pete but...

The steelheading has been really hot according to the backroom newswires and this would appear to be a very good year to make that tradeoff. Coho are going to make their push soon in the straits as well. Crisp fall nights on a caddis-rich steelhead stream makes for some great daytime greaseline fishing.

It's good to be a fly-fisher!

Roop
08-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Not a bad decision!

I was just wondering when you were coming out...

I plan on making a solo trip to your neck of the woods next season - hope to avoid all the issues that came up this year.

Best of luck - stay in touch.

Roop