Chatham Anniversary Celebration [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Anniversary Celebration

MarkDoogue
08-06-2002, 08:41 PM
I'm searching for the perfect place to celebrate my anniversary this September. I'd prefer a location in Chatham.

My thoughts; I'd like to spoil my wife for at least one night down there, candle light dinner, walk on the beach, perhaps a glass of wine overlooking the ocean or in front of a fireplace.......

Why Chatham, why not? If I ever get the chance to fish again it is where I'll head without delay. I figured she could enjoy the natural beauty of the town and become acquainted with the place her husband intends to spend many an early morning. Also, I must admit, I may throw the rod in the car for an o'dark thirty sortie at the light.

But I digress.........where would you go if money were no object? I'll entertain suggestions outside of Chatham as well.

Thanks guys.

juro
08-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Cost being truly no object the Chatham Bars Inn comes to mind... but with a little less $$ there are places like the Chatham Tides a bit out of the main street hustle that might be a little more affordable, and B&B's right downtown that look spiffy.

Nice choice, I certainly love Chatham. Good luck and happy anniversary!

Penguin
08-06-2002, 10:19 PM
...AREASIXTYONE...conveniently located on the FarSide (of the Canal) just 3.5 miles/3.5 turns from exit 6 on the MidCape...C'mon down!

striblue
08-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Chatham Bars Inn... as Juro says....Wear your Nantuket Reds and ascot ... It would be the perfect place to sneak off in the morning...before breakfast by room service.... and meet me at the beach for some casting.;)

Tod D
08-08-2002, 08:02 AM
Mark -

Captain's House Inn in Chatham. Much more romantic, etc. in my humble opinion. Bit longer walk to water though.

TinMan
08-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Does it have to be Chatham, or will close enough do?

www.whalewalkinn.com