A Wonderful Forum [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A Wonderful Forum

NrthFrk16
08-06-2002, 01:36 AM
These past few days have really shown what makes FlyTalk III and in particular 'Pacific Northwest Steelhead' such a wonderful place for us to gather.

The excellent discussions that have taken place the past few days rival anything I have read on any other board, anywhere!!...maybe I am just biased because one focuses on my favorite steelie fly and a couple others focus on my favorite river (just keep your asses off it!!! :devil: ;) )

Thanks to all for making this such a wonderful gathering place! :)

Scott K
08-06-2002, 01:48 AM
Need a hug?

NrthFrk16
08-06-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Scott K
Need a hug?

I was just giving credit where credit was deserved.

Scott K
08-06-2002, 02:33 AM
Ryan,
I hope you detected the hint of Sarcasm! Sarcasm is something I was born with!

Everyone deserves credit, it's people like yourself who make this board what it is. Give yourself credit! Give people who are vocal enough to vent(type) their passion for this awesome sport and the methods we choose credit. People who love it so much they feel the need to tell people about it. To learn more about it. To share what they have learned. To have fun! Thanks to this place, many a friend has been made. Many a gap has been bridged. We've become better anglers, and people!

Scott

juro
08-06-2002, 07:24 AM
Hey Ryan -

I'm sure Dana, Sean and I all appreciate the kind words but the credit goes to the folks who come here.

Hope you can get out here for some stripers May/June or in the fall some year and enjoy the next level of forum camaraderie sometime! I sure had a great day on the Skagit this spring, and last falls coho sortie at Sekiu was a blast! With all the rumors and reports of the good runs this year I am dying to get a little summer run action in.

And don't forget we will have a booth at the upcoming flyfishing show in Seattle! :devil:

Doublespey
08-06-2002, 02:36 PM
Damn Sparkey, you must be Psychic!!

I was just getting on to post the very same thing.

With the occasional animosity and misunderstandings that occur (and add to the workload of the Big Three), I think it's only fair that Juro, Dana, and Sean accept our collective expressions of gratitude.

Yes, it's true that the people that participate on the Forum and Spey Clave support their continued existence. But it's also true that Juro's and Dana's vision are the reason they exist at all.

Along with Sean's inspired programming mojo, they each put in significant hours keeping our virtual sandbox clean and filled with interesting topics of discussion, reviews, polls, etc.

I for one have learned a tremendous amount here, have had the opportunity to make many new flyfishing friends, and would sorely miss these sites if they didn't exist.

If you're an accounting/financial type, figure out how many hours you spend here and it's "value" to you (cost-benefit analysis).

Nothing's free, but these guys pour their time and money into the Forum and Spey Clave because they each feel strongly about the goals of sharing information with their fellow flyfishermen and creating an environment where others can share and learn as well.

I just hope their enjoyment continues to outweight the tedium of dealing with the less enjoyable aspects of Forum/Clave leadership or we might all be Homeless one day.

As Juro said - the credit for the quality of these sites is due in large part to the contributions of it's members. With that comes a bit of responsibility too.

Thanks for listening and Good Fishing!

DS