Chatham, 8/3 am [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham, 8/3 am

FredA
08-03-2002, 07:42 AM
Neptunes salad, no-seeums and a crab were all I caught this morning. Some snapper blues were about the only fish around. Started to make my way down South beach but the bugs and weed turned me around - no DEET and I havn't purchased one of Morins "Mung-Be-Gone" thingies he's been peddling on the other website. Thinkin about hanging it up til Memorial Day (right).

Quentin
08-03-2002, 08:50 AM
The no-see-ums were brutal when I was at Napatree the other day. I was actually hoping for a little wind. I ended up doing more walking than casting just to stay away from the bugs!

Q

juro
08-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Interesting report... no-see-ums mean a calm morning, mung dictates certain going to certain areas away from the influence of ocean-facing inlets or structures that direct the main flow around while providing alleys for feeding stripers. Makes the picking slimmer but the spots are there.

Bayside has no mung. :)

FredA
08-03-2002, 09:45 AM
"bayside"... was thinking that not long after arriving in Chatham. Cousin stopped by awhile ago and said he'd been down to my bayside beach. Talked to a guy who'd been fishing. Action early then died (probably died at the top of the flood). I'm going to try to convince my wife to go to the beach this afternoon, have a look at the early flood.

Actually the weed and bugs were'nt bad right in front of the light. Just no fish.

striblue
08-03-2002, 10:27 PM
Fred....you probably won't get this in time, but Jimmy and I are going to take the 8 am shuttle to monomoy..fishing tough but we are seeing schools of stripers and some are big.