Shewey's new book [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Shewey's new book

KerryS
08-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Purchased John Shewey's new book last night. Only had time to browse it. Wonderful book. From the little I have had time to read I think it is a must have for spey and dee style fly tyers.

juro
08-02-2002, 11:34 AM
How would you rate it against the Helvie book? Also, can you pls post the title?

thanks,

Juro

JDJones
08-02-2002, 12:01 PM
is the title of John Shewey's new book. It is very good. He has done a lot of research on the history and development of the styles and the major characters that were responsible for their development. Explains in detail the tying techniques used and why they were used. Wonderfull old maps of the Spey and Dee rivers, the beats, and the (castles) estates of old included on the front and back pages of the hard copy edition.

Helvie's book is very good. Shewey's book very good.

JD

juro
08-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a must-have, thank you!

Steelheader69
08-02-2002, 05:27 PM
I bought an autographed copy (by accident actually) and have been reading, AND REREADING it. Lot of good techs and wonderful flies and history. A must have for the fly tier.

Here's a tip. BUY IT ON EBAY!!!! I won mine on auction for under $20 including shipping. Come to find out when it arrived in mail that it was an autographed copy.

fredaevans
08-03-2002, 12:33 AM
when he was up to fish a week ago. Almost, but not quite, slipped it under a pillow. "Book, what book???":devil:

Good read, but how can Juro get a contributor out of this? Board need $ for a lot of reasons. Lets put our collective heads together to help pay the bills.
:smokin: