...7/30 Chatham report... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: ...7/30 Chatham report...

Penguin
07-31-2002, 01:47 PM
No one got hurt and the general public was never in any real danger!
I (uncharacteristically) got everything ready the night before...even packed an old MRE (meal ready to eat)...
The 0800 RipRyder dropped me off at South Beach and I beat feet to the southern flatzz to catch the last of the drop...MUNG!
Didn't see any fish so I went to the ocean side and got into some non-stop casting practice...seals but no fish...'had a satisfying lunch/nap and tied on an experimental shrimp pattern that I wanted to put in front of a focus group of hungry striped consumers so...
Back to the inside to see what the flood would bring...MORE MUNG!
'Spent a sweltering day standing in cool (68-70*) water and got my feet reallly clean...
No worries...'Had some constructive/enlightening fun playing with my GPS and compass...Called the Roopster at work to say hello and rub it in...and decided that being there was certainly better than being home or at work (even though the fish didn't cooperate)...
If you're thinkin' about fishin' the inside...be prepared to deal with MUNG...and when you find a solution, please post it (surely a Nobel Prize in the offing...)
Better DAZE ahead!

Nick
07-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Pete,
Great report. I'm with you 100% man. Any day on the water is better than a day under Florecent lights.

Nick

Roop
07-31-2002, 02:16 PM
Pete!

That was you!?! I thought it was all a bad dream as I dozed here in my post 12 martini lunch stupor :eyecrazy: that someone called to torment me with stories of monster bass on the flatzssssssss.

I learned to ignore the pink stripers swimming around my office after such a lunch:eyecrazy: - now I just need to avoid that phone thing!!

striblue
07-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Pete, mung on the outgoing? Oh no... well I will be down on Friday night for another week...hope about a North Monomoy trip...with out little shrimp...if that's what's called for.