I can see!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: I can see!!!

tomd
07-30-2002, 08:37 AM
I just replaced the cheapo 1997 fishfinder in the boat with a Garmin 240 blue... Yahoo!!! like day and night. the old one had a 10 degree cone and ran at 65 watts, the 240 runs at 500 watts with a 2400 peak-to-peak and can run dual or 50 or 200. I can see contours, structure, and yes I even got fish arches near the bottom. I had to use a deadly dick to get down 30+ feet to where I marked the fish(sorry Juro, I went over to the dark side :devil: )... tap tap, bang bluefish. guess it really was a fish :D it was $269.00 at west marine(sale). just thought I'd let you know in case you have a unit like my other one which was ok for showing me depth but that was about it. I was gonna go for a color unit but figured my wife would notice the color screen and I'd have hell to pay(after paying more for the ff) :devil: Tom D

juro
07-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Cool! Could've used something like that the last few "sight" fishing days. Clouds and wind have made fish location total guesswork and reports indicate good fish down in the "dark zone" lately. Sounds like a good tool for the task.

tomd
07-30-2002, 04:37 PM
when out on Sat, the water was so cloudy, we couldn't see the bottom in 3 ft of water. Tom D :eyecrazy: