Marabou shrimp [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Marabou shrimp

Dble Haul
07-27-2002, 10:44 PM
This is the pattern developed by Randall Kaufmann. The only difference here is that I use ice chenille instead of diamond braid for the body.

Hook: size 4 or 6
Thread: 6/0
Eyes: nickel real eyes
Body: ice chenille
Wing: Depends on color of pattern, but always a layer of white marabou first, then the pattern color marabou, then a pair of grizzly hackles

The brown fly on the left is tied sparse, while the pink fly on the right is tied full. This pattern is already in the Bonefish/Tarpon acrives, but I've put it here as well because it's a good smallmouth pattern (especially the brown fly). :)

(Please see pic in post further below.)

Quentin
07-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Nice flies too!

Looks like you've got a whole batch of pink ones there. Got tickets to the Bahamas?

Q

John Desjardins
07-28-2002, 01:21 PM
I saw the picture last night and thought it looked great. Some how it doesn't load now. :(

Its funny you should put the pic of a bonefish fly here in the warmwater archive. Last winter I was at a shop with a good selection of bone fish flies and bought some to use in freshwater. I habven't gotten to the stream where I want to test them. It may be a good alternative to 7 & 8x for trout.

Dble Haul
07-28-2002, 07:45 PM
John- I noticed the same thing about the pic...last night was fine, I went into the post today to read Q's comments and it wasn't there, and now it's back. What the hey? :confused:

striblue
07-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Can't see it either.

Dble Haul
07-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Here's the pic...:p