Chatham-7/26 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham-7/26

striblue
07-26-2002, 04:28 PM
Well, I am sorry I can not report that we caught fish this weeK...Anyway to keep the reports flowing ..both pro and con ....I met Jimmy at the shuttle for an 8am North Monomoy attempt... outgoing, slack, then incomming around 9:30... Went to the crib or south flat... saw two fish all morning and the wind was honking at between 20 and 25...north ...then east.... spotted Tom Thomas in by binocs up to my right about 1/2 mile... he was walking and searching.... out to my right .....then at the funnel comes Randy Jones with two clients... about 1/2 mile to our left. Thomas hooks one..we can see this... Randy leaves after a short time and stops at the mid channel...they were sitting down when we left. Man.. I can't figure this out...If Randy got into any fish it was not at the crib or in the morning and I saw Thomas give up and disapear from view heading North.

Penguin
07-26-2002, 04:51 PM
...Aside from that annoying interruption, how did you enjoy the play?!
John...at least your feet are clean!

'Going to try a BaySide drop/slack/flood YakAttack in the AM just to be certain that "they" aren't hiding under my big nose...and besides that, 'wanna give Jimmy da FullMonty Delux Tour before he becomes a dad on vacation again.

JimW
07-26-2002, 06:20 PM
John, I appreciate the report. Beats my day, working like a dog. Hope you hook up big, soon. Have you tried the night shift?

Dble Haul
07-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Geez, John, usually when I leave slow fishing it picks up right away. Sorry to hear that the action is still so poor.

FWIW, October is looking good for me to steal a weekend up there at CAC and hook a few southbound cows.