Fly Fishing Forum banner

Great CT Lake and Pond info ........

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I picked up a copy of Fisheries guide to the Lakes and Ponds of CT from the DEP store this past week. At just under $20 it's got to be one of the best buys out there! Packed with detail including contour depth maps, species density / distribution, stocking policy, access. It also including some great info on the CT river and some of the major coves - inlcuding the Salmon River cove where I met up with Mark and Roop back in the spring.

If anyone fancies hooking up let me know - my Saltwater fishing will remain a nocturnal activity locally for the next several weeks and it would be fun to try something different.

Warmwater YakAttack anyone? We could include inflatables and John Boats too ;)

#2 ·
I just received my copy of this book from the DEP online store, and I have to agree with Adrian about the value. The department could easily be charging twice as much for this book.

In addition to what Adrian has related, I also like the info on stratification. If a body of water is deep enough to stratify, this book will tell you where the oxygen gets too depleted to actually hold fish. This alone is worth the $19.95 price!

Already planning for the spring......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.