Bonito [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bonito

jared
07-23-2002, 08:56 AM
At the risk of getting flamed for mentioning another bulletin board (GASP)...there is a confirmed report over on reel-time of a bone taken at Hedge Fence...I suspect we'll hear of the first one taken on a fly by this weekend if not sooner.....although I can't get out for them until Saturday...heh-heh (let the games begin!!!)

:D

-j

juro
07-23-2002, 08:58 AM
YEEEHAH! Hardtail season is about to commence... I would like to get one from shore again this season, didn't do it last year although I didn't really try much.

shane
07-23-2002, 03:03 PM
J-
I have left Saturday open for us and have some really good ideas about where to head since the little buggers are starting to show up around here for us, give me a shout.

jared
07-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Shane --

Isn't that funny...I've left Saturday open for us too....can't imagine where you might be thinking of going.....I'll call you on Friday to verify.

:D

--j

craig
07-23-2002, 04:59 PM
I'm still a virgin as far as Bones go, but it is not from a lack of trying. Sure would like to pop my cherry this season!

steelheadmike
07-24-2002, 09:38 AM
I am a Virgin as well! With any luck by the end of the season I'll be called a Bonito Slut. :devil:

jared
07-24-2002, 12:52 PM
now that is a WORTHY goal....what's the minimum # of bonito to qualify?

:)

--j

steelheadmike
07-24-2002, 01:09 PM
I would judge it by the amount of fish slime that has accumulated on my hands. But if yo need a solid number 10 would be a good place to start. Although I may not be as innocent as I thought. Last year I had something "on" for a few minutes but bit me off. Definately wasn't a blue. The guide had said Sapnish Mac or a Bone. I will never no. Now would that count as date rape? :confused: