Au Sable - Grayling Mi. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Au Sable - Grayling Mi.

Pat Bahan
07-19-2002, 07:26 PM
I've read and heard about the Au Sable all of my life. I finally got there. We spent a day going north, and an overnight coming back. It is truely a wonderful river and area. Silver anniversary trip so I didn't press the fishing to far, but I can't wait to go back. And there is a quilt shop in Grayling as well as other things to keep her occupied.:hehe:

pmflyfisher
07-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Pat,

Yes a very pretty area with blue ribbon trout streams. Been to the Grayling area a couple of times.

Also the origin of Trout Unlimited.

Lots of trout fishing history in that area.

Hal

Pat Bahan
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Now if they would just undertake a Grayling restoration project. (and I don't mean the town)

pmflyfisher
07-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Pat,

Yes I know what you mean. The native now departed Michigan Grayling have been replaced by beautiful wild german browns, and PNW steelhead and salmon giving us this wonderful year round fishery.

I don't know what I would do if I had to move to another region of the country I could not chase wild trout, steelhead, and salmon 365 days a year.

Fishing life is good here.

Hal

SDHflyfisher
10-29-2002, 06:41 PM
TU lust did a show recently there celebrating their aniversary most of the trout they caught were small but that doesn't matter they are still trout:)