Any Yak Fishing Reports ? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Any Yak Fishing Reports ?

joev
07-16-2002, 10:16 PM
So whats up? Anyone been getting out?How bout some reports.
JoeV

Nick
07-17-2002, 08:18 AM
I paddled around Salem Willows last evening from 6 to 9. Nothing caught, but a beautiful night on the water. Saw two fairly large bass roll on some bait, but that was about it.

DFix
07-17-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Nick
I paddled around Salem Willows last evening from 6 to 9. Nothing caught, but a beautiful night on the water. Saw two fairly large bass roll on some bait, but that was about it.

No Comment - All mentally edited before posting :tsk_tsk: :tsk_tsk: :tsk_tsk:

Question, O Solitary Seeker - Didst Thee bringeth piscatorial pursuit implements or just thine own punt?

JimW
07-17-2002, 10:04 AM
I'd been getting out regularly in the Plymouth area and doing alright on schoolies and some blues. I went last night and got skunked, eel grass floating everywhere. The storm the other night kicked up the. Since I couldn't fish effectively I just paddled around in the rollers.

Adrian
07-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Wes and I ventured out in the wee hours and watched the sunrise over Long Island on the incoming tide. Jim had a good solid hook-up which then parted company. I managed to get some cursory interest but not much else. Only my second Yak / Night-time foray but as I said last time - it's a different world after dark. Once again, huge bow waves and boils accompanied us as our Kayaks sliced across the black mirror surface of each flat we crossed.

There are huge numbers of good sized bunker but no apparent interest from our striped friends as yet. There is also a preponderance of small one inch silver fry which are carpeting certain areas and occaisionally betray the presence of a large predator.

I am guessing these fish have taken up residence and gotten into a regular night-time feeding pattern. They evaporated once the sun came up.

So, there are numbers of good sized fish out there and a code to be cracked. Several more weeks of challenging opportunity await. :smokin: