hey fred, rogue river?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: hey fred, rogue river??

sean
07-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Well I am getting hitched on Sept 7th and were were not going to do a hoenymoon until february but it looks like the fiancee wants to stay at this place for a few days:

http://www.weasku.com/

for a mini honeymoon. So when I hear rogue I think maybe a little steelhead/salmon fishing could be in order.

So where is this place at in relation to where you fish the river? Will there be some fish around the area?

thanks for any help you can offer,

-sean

fredaevans
07-12-2002, 12:25 AM
Wonderful place, AND (now the really good news!) it sits on top of some of the best steelhead water in the middle upper Rogue. Regardless of your age :hehe: you can only .... for so many hours. Well, at your age, for me it was .. none of your business.

Great Place, I guarentee you'll love every moment. Try for one of the water front cabins, all-be-it the lodge is very well done.

But, got to know when your here so I can play 'guide,' if even if for only one day.

Fred/Joan

fish-head
07-13-2002, 11:39 AM
It is nice water behind where you are going to stay at .But I am guessing that you will have a car ? Drive up the River 20mins, and you will be in the Fly only section of the River then .We are going to have another great year for Summer,s . We have been landing some fish already in 28 to 30 " range so far this year . Normally the first Summer's that show up are in the 18 to 20 " . If want a list of flies to bring or tie shoot me an e-mail . Hope this help's Fish-Head:)

sean
07-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys. Will defintely be bugging both of you as soon as the dates are ironed out. Am really looking forward to fishing the rogue.

-sean

fredaevans
07-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Doug Dugan (DD: posted in yesterdays mail) and an additional copy. If you think you may need a little more 'ammo' on where to ... oh, shall we say tour the river, long quite walks, etc., ..... happy to post you a copy. Just need your address.
fae