Ausome flyfishing website [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ausome flyfishing website

extmtbiker
07-10-2002, 11:13 AM
When I first posted my site it was saying go to http://www.nwfishing.cjb.net, but that is just my actual main page. And everyone was mad because of popups. If you want to see my Nw Fishing Forum go and look at my signature.

Stone
07-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Jeff, not to sound rude, but I have seen enough posts about your website.

This topic is repetative and old hat.

Dble Haul
07-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Also, you might want to check out the response to Hogsnapper's self-promotion in another thread below.

doogue
07-10-2002, 05:13 PM
extmtbiker,

I agree with Stone.

Advertising your fishing site on another fishing site is like going to your best friend's wedding and hitting on his bride...

The behavior is just not cool.

I appreciate your efforts to collect feedback on your site but you can gather all of the feedback that you need from friends and local fishing buddies.

Try that route.

-Mike

extmtbiker
07-11-2002, 01:41 PM
I am sorry I will not post any more things about my website on this site but please do tell people about my website.

Geoff

striblue
07-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Jeff...how old are you? I think we did respond to your last thread on the subject. But I wish you well.

pmflyfisher
07-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Geoff,

Yes good luck and where is Crooked River ?

Hawkeye
07-11-2002, 04:51 PM
My guess is that it is the Crooked River near Prineville OR. It has a truely awesome stretch of water extending about 15 miles below the dam. A number of years ago they took a census and estimated something like 8,000 trout per mile. The water is perpetually cloudy but that doesn't seem to bother the fish a bit.

It is my favorite NW trout stream with some fond memories including a 100 fish day and hooking a bat. Most of the fish are smallish 9 - 12 inches but there are a good number of remarkable specimines.

extmtbiker
07-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Yes the crooked river is a truly good river I love it. Another one of my favorites is the metolius in eastern oregon it has some nice rainbows from 12 to 20 inches. Also I am 15 just so the striblue noes.
,Geoff

FlyFishAR
07-12-2002, 02:39 AM
extmtbiker:

I always enjoy seeing young adults enthusiastic about fly fishing. Obviously, you have a tremendous love for the sport, which is always tops in my book. :smokin:

John W. Wilson

juro
07-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Geoff -

Gotta love your passion for the sport, kudos! Meaning this in the best way of course, it's not your intent but the delivery. Likewise we now see a different person than the posts led us to believe.

I suggest that you add your site URL to your signature, that way we will check out your site more and more over time because we like you and get to know you. Each time you post, we'll be reminded to see what progress you've made with your website from time to time.

Keep with it! We could always use some website help around the FORUM someday!

Best,

Juro

extmtbiker
04-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I am just responding to and old post that I posted a long time ago and that made everyone mad. I got in a lot of trouble for that. I just wanted to thank everyone for your insight and great info that you have given me, and what Juro, and the Whole Flyfishingforum has given me. THANKS EVERYONE

LONG LIVE FLYFISHINGFORUM!!!!:D :D :D :D :) :) :)

FlyMan
04-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Ah, yes, the site with all those annoying pop-ups. Sure would like to see you get rid of them.

It's a shame to put all that effort into developing an interesting FF site and not have people want to visit it because of the pop-ups.

extmtbiker
04-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Do you know a web hosting place that is eather free, or not to much money that I could put my site on to make the popups gone?

FlyMan
04-21-2003, 01:41 PM
My web hosting company charges $25.00/month. Less with a year paid in advance. Whether that is a lot of money, only you can decide.

Adrian
04-21-2003, 01:42 PM
www.doteasy.com

extmtbiker
04-22-2003, 10:50 PM
What is the site that you are paying 25.00??

FlyMan
04-22-2003, 11:24 PM
The company I have hosting my site is Marathon. They tend to work with photographers, so I don't know if they will host anyone. I can't see why not. From a business point of view for me, they offer many predesigned pages that are of value to me at no additional charge.Here is their URL:

Marathon (http://www.marathoninternet.com/)

I would contact them and see if they will host your site. Even if they won't work outside the photographic industry, I know there must be dozens of places that offer similar rates. It's just a matter of doing some research to find them. They may even recommend a few places for you to contact if you ask them.

extmtbiker
05-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I am going to upgrade my angelfire to angelfire plus, no popups!lol:D