Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip Report & Photo's

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  TinMan 
#1 · (Edited)
We all made it back safely and had a great day... the weather was perfect and the crew great... The only disapointment was the absence of big stripers... the morning saw us into small stripers and Blues... when the rip set at about 1 the small stripers stayed and the blues came on strong...but small... the day ended with Blues and double and triple hookups. the ride over and back was incredible bumpy and we will all probably not be sitting down for a couple weeks.... I am sure Juro and the others will post reports... Juro , Tyler, Penguin will be going out with the Estey Brothers tommorrow so I don't expect Juro's report until later... Here is the crew after we got dropped off. from the left...Juro, me, Larry, Jay, Adrian, Craig, Greggo,Case, Tyler and Chad (I think-correct me please if I have that wrong)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hey guys - looks like you all had a great time!

Sitting up here in the Adirondacks doing a little trout fishing, but no where near as exciting as hooking up with a Striper in the rip. I'm gonna try to make Rip Trip #2 - will keep an eye out for the official announcement. Haven't been there yet, but from all the posts, it sounds like an awesome place.

Gonna try some flyfishing for some smallies in a spot a guy just steered me to. Going to take the opportunity to get Brett a little more experience with a fly rod - hopefully the smallies will be cooperative. The river I'm fishing has real tricky currents and is not the best location to teach someone the art of flyfishing.

TL,

#7 ·
Thanks John and Juro for setting this trip up. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next trip. I don't know if its from casting all day, the sun, the close to three hour drive each way, or the boat ride back but I feel like somebodys been beating me with a 2x4. All in all can I go back tommoro. PLEASE:hehe:

Larry

#8 ·
Thanks for a great time & education

Many thanks to John and Juro for organizing the trip. Although we did not find the larger fish, I learned a number of new techniques and was introduced to an amazing location. Being new to the FFW, I was also amazed how nice everyone was and hope to run into new friends on numerous future trips.

Saying the ride back was "bumpy" is an understatement - I have a number of large black bruises to prove it.

Best,

Jay

#9 ·
It was a great day & the venue was awesome!! The photos really Don't do the place justice.

Thanks again to JohnM & Juro for being Excellent Hosts!

It was good to hook up with some of the old crew & meet a few new guys too!

Caught a decent mixture of schoolie stripers & 3lb Blues, but as stated above the Big-Girls did not show up for the Dance!

A learned a few new things, like Banna Boat SPF 30 does not stand up to Saltwater, Surf & current; I have a nastey burn, but only on my lower legs! My reel repair is not doing well the screws that hold the foot to the reel were Very Oxidized & one of the screw heads sheared off, D'OH. Now I need to do some Tap-and-Dye work, but I'm having difficulties locating the small diameter & tight tread that I need.

#11 ·
Thanks to John and Juro for putting together a
great day of fishing in a beautiful location! It was
fun to meet everyone and to get some good tips.

It was really amazing what a difference it seemed to
make just keeping the rod tip down and putting some
quick action on the fly. It helped me hook up with
some good fish and have a great time!

looking forward to the next trip,
Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.